Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVC rebate

• 04-03-2019 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi,
    In 2018 I made monthly AVC’s.
    How do I claim tax back?
    Do I submit a P21?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

jos_kel wrote: »
    Hi,
    In 2018 I made monthly AVC’s.
    How do I claim tax back?
    Do I submit a P21?

Thanks in Advance

You don't the money for the AVC is taken out of your pay before tax is calculated. So you don't pay income tax on that portion. There's no tax to claim back.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jos_kel

You don't the money for the AVC is taken out of your pay before tax is calculated. So you don't pay income tax on that portion. There's no tax to claim back.

Hi,
    My employer has no visibility of this AVC. This is a separate AVC policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

jos_kel wrote: »
    Hi,
    My employer has no visibility of this AVC. This is a separate AVC policy.

I topped up my pension last year with an AVC. To get the tax back is very simple. You have to get an end of year review done by the Revenue. This must be done online. If you have not registered online with Revenue it is quite straightforward. When registered you look for an end of year review for any AVC's paid last year. You put in your pay and tax, add the amount of the AVC and a refund will automatically issue. It took three days between applying for the review and the money hitting my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I topped up my pension last year with an AVC. To get the tax back is very simple. You have to get an end of year review done by the Revenue. This must be done online. If you have not registered online with Revenue it is quite straightforward. When registered you look for an end of year review for any AVC's paid last year. You put in your pay and tax, add the amount of the AVC and a refund will automatically issue. It took three days between applying for the review and the money hitting my account.

Was this done through ROS? And Form 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Dardania wrote: »
    Was this done through ROS? And Form 10?
    Did it through my account. ROS is for selfemployed

https://www.ros.ie/myaccount-web/sign_in.html?execution=e1s1

• Advertisement
Advertisement