Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interdepartmental HEO Competition 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BLOSSOM11

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    I really dont know how they could have marked when they were interrupting constantly. In my interview, I felt the first half was very structured, followed the usual competencies, allowed me to use the recommended answering format etc. but them the last interviewer went totally off-script. It's impossible to figure out how it went or whether you even passed and the waiting makes you question everything they asked and every answer you gave.

That's exactly how my interview went except in reverse order. The first part was off script & the second part was fairly ok. You're right! The waiting makes you question everything. Wish they would just release the results. It's a crazy amount of time to be waiting & makes it even harder on anyone who doesn't get through

speedygirl wrote: »
    Yeah I've written it off now and the longer time goes on the less I care but when i seen your post earlier I though omg that's exactly what happened me. Best of luck anyway and hope you pass ll of it.

Hopefully we both get through. I'm the opposite of you! I'm still hoping so will be even more disappointed if I don't get through. Fingers crossed we both do well🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

BLOSSOM11 wrote: »
    That's exactly how my interview went except in reverse order. The first part was off script & the second part was fairly ok. You're right! The waiting makes you question everything. Wish they would just release the results. It's a crazy amount of time to be waiting & makes it even harder on anyone who doesn't get through

There has to be a reason for the hold up because there cant have been so many interviewees that it merits a 4-5 week delay, the number of regional candidates would be relatively low compared to the Dublin batches and they got theirs quickly

There has to be a reason for the hold up because there cant have been so many interviewees that it merits a 4-5 week delay, the number of regional candidates would be relatively low compared to the Dublin batches and they got theirs quickly

I agree. I know my region was only going to be a week of interviews. I was told we would more than likely have the results last week. Now they are saying they are waiting for panels to expire or saying they are waiting for Depts to get back to them with the list of vacancies. It doesn't make sense. I wonder may there have been complaints due to interviews. I'm only guessing

I agree. I know my region was only going to be a week of interviews. I was told we would more than likely have the results last week. Now they are saying they are waiting for panels to expire or saying they are waiting for Depts to get back to them with the list of vacancies. It doesn't make sense. I wonder may there have been complaints due to interviews. I'm only guessing

Thats possible, they may be using this time to review the notes taken by the PAS representatives to ensure consistency and fairness but Im only speculating

Thats possible, they may be using this time to review the notes taken by the PAS representatives to ensure consistency and fairness but Im only speculating

Speculating is all we can do. There definitely must be something up. Fingers crossed when we do hear it'll be good news for us. My major concern though is the report. I'm still hoping though

Speculating is all we can do. There definitely must be something up. Fingers crossed when we do hear it'll be good news for us. My major concern though is the report. I'm still hoping though

Fingers crossed. Best of luck!

Fingers crossed. Best of luck!

Best of luck to you too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

There were plenty of vacancies in earlier rounds so an urgency for placements. It may not be the case now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MUFC2019

Addle wrote: »
    There were plenty of vacancies in earlier rounds so an urgency for placements. It may not be the case now.

That may well be the case but once you have been interviewed you are entitled to your result.

• Advertisement

When I queried the delay with PAS this morning (stating that previous results for interviews in this campaign were issued within 2 weeks), this is the response I got:

The results will issue the week commencing 4th of November. I envisage they will issue in the early part of this week.

I keep trying to just forget about it but then end up getting frustrated.

When I queried the delay with PAS this morning (stating that previous results for interviews in this campaign were issued within 2 weeks), this is the response I got:

The results will issue the week commencing 4th of November. I envisage they will issue in the early part of this week.

I keep trying to just forget about it but then end up getting frustrated.

I'm the same! Making people wait 4/5 weeks for results is very unfair. & the thing is you never know with PAS so can't help wondering will it be today, this friday etc.

I'm the same! Making people wait 4/5 weeks for results is very unfair. & the thing is you never know with PAS so can't help wondering will it be today, this friday etc.

Exactly, they are known for saying one thing and doing another. I dont think people would mind if we were told at the start it would be first week in November and felt we could trust what we were being told. Its the lack of transparency that has people contacting them so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beebeebug

Any bets on this eve?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Beebeebug wrote: »
    Any bets on this eve?
    My gut feeling is no :(

Anna1976 wrote: »
    My gut feeling is no :(

It's getting a bit ridiculous at this stage isn't it!

Beebeebug wrote: »

It's getting a bit ridiculous at this stage isn't it!
    Kind of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭BMHOPE

Well it looks like next week, it will be. More waiting but at least it's coming near. We can relax and enjoy this weekend. At least will stop obsessing over emails, no need to check them hourly till Monday 9 am.

I've heard some people have gotten results this morning, is that true, I've heard nothing yet?

• Advertisement

I've heard some people have gotten results this morning, is that true, I've heard nothing yet?

Nothing here yet but hopefully thats true

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gerry0407

It’s true, results came out this morning. I placed high in my Region (Cork), delighted. Hopefully everyone else gets results/good news today. The wait has been long enough!

Gerry0407 wrote: »
    It’s true, results came out this morning. I placed high in my Region (Cork), delighted. Hopefully everyone else gets results/good news today. The wait has been long enough!
    Congratulations, and well done. Did you have your interview the week of the 30th of September?

Gerry0407 wrote: »

Congrats! Fingers crossed the other regions will follow soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gerry0407

Congratulations, and well done. Did you have your interview the week of the 30th of September?

Yeah, interviewed on October 3

I also got results. Good news! Huge relief! Good luck everyone.

• Advertisement

Congratulations to everyone that got through. Unfortunately I didn't. I'm really disappointed with my interview results as I thought it was tough but I had done ok. I'm going to appeal the decision as feel one of the interviewers was unfair. I don't think it'll get me anywhere but it's worth a try. Does anyone have any experience of the appeals process?

Got results for one of my regions (Offaly) and am shocked to have gotten a high enough placing, was sure I had failed. Best of luck to everyone!

Got results for one of my regions (Offaly) and am shocked to have gotten a high enough placing, was sure I had failed. Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations. That's great news:)

I got my placing for my 2nd choice (Kildare) placed 16 so not sure if that will be good enough. But still waiting on my placing for my first choice, and some of my colleagues have already gotten thier placing for that county. I rang to query this and was told the results will be coming out throughout the day. The waiting is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nemad2019

I have already been assigned from this competition back in July to the Dublin location which was my 2nd preference. I received a message today from PAS saying I have been placed on the panel for my 1st preference location. Does anyone know if I can be offered a position in this location even though I have already been assigned to my 2nd choice location?

• Advertisement

Nemad2019 wrote: »
    I have already been assigned from this competition back in July to the Dublin location which was my 2nd preference. I received a message today from PAS saying I have been placed on the panel for my 1st preference location. Does anyone know if I can be offered a position in this location even though I have already been assigned to my 2nd choice location?

I'm not certain but I think if you have accepted a position you would not be eligible for another offer, but it is strange that they sent you your placing in another county. When was the first placement on this panel does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭speedygirl

Passed with high score . Massively unexpected and delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 4 snowit

I also got an email today with a placing for my 1st pref - even tho I started Dublin position at end of September- I had assumed I was out of the 1st pref panel

Would anyone know if this is a mistake by PAS - because I’d obviously prefer to take my preferred location

Passed with high score . Massively unexpected and delighted

Congratulations. Well done

Blossom, sorry to hear that you did not on this occasion get through. It's a long process and so long until the chance comes round again.

Sorry no idea on the query re first choice as I thought once you accepted one that is it until you are eligible for transfer and if it comes through after 2 years plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Vlthap

snowit wrote: »
    I also got an email today with a placing for my 1st pref - even tho I started Dublin position at end of September- I had assumed I was out of the 1st pref panel

Would anyone know if this is a mistake by PAS - because I’d obviously prefer to take my preferred location

I'm in the same position. I got 2nd for Offaly but had gotten 9th on Dublin Panel (Batch 1). I thought once I was appointed to Dublin I was off the Offaly one.

BMHOPE wrote: »
    Blossom, sorry to hear that you did not on this occasion get through. It's a long process and so long until the chance comes round again.

Sorry no idea on the query re first choice as I thought once you accepted one that is it until you are eligible for transfer and if it comes through after 2 years plus.

Thanks BMHOPE. It is a long process but hopefully next time I'll get through. Congratulations to you

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Quick question please?

Apologises, as I know I have already asked this previously on the thread but I am wondering has anyone been called for interview for Clare or Limerick yet please ? Thanks!!

I've heard and or seen on this thread that counties Laois, Offaly, Tipperary, Cork, Kerry, Galway etc have all been called to interview.....

If anyone gets clarification on the question about being placed in Dublin and then getting placing for 1st preference county would you please let us know.

Congratulations. Well done

Thank you. Sorry to hear you did not get through. Good luck with appeal. I will keep fingers crossed for you .

• Advertisement

Thank you. Sorry to hear you did not get through. Good luck with appeal. I will keep fingers crossed for you .

Thanks speedygirl. I don't expect to get anywhere with the appeal, but I do feel that one of my interviewers didn't let me demonstrate my competencies properly so if by highlighting this it helps someone down the line then it will have been worth it.

Congratulations on getting placed:)

I placed on the Limerick and Kerry panels, so they definitely called some for Limerick but I do not know how many. With interdepartmental it's very difficult to know until someone hears through the grapevine. Maybe someone else may know more.

Thanks speedygirl. I don't expect to get anywhere with the appeal, but I do feel that one of my interviewers didn't let me demonstrate my competencies properly so if by highlighting this it helps someone down the line then it will have been worth it.

Congratulations on getting placed:)[/quote
    You are 100%right esp if it's those competencies you failed on. Good luck &Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 VegasKnights26

If anyone gets clarification on the question about being placed in Dublin and then getting placing for 1st preference county would you please let us know.
    Quote from the circular for the HEO competition:

“If you are offered a position (whether you accept or not) you will, in the normal course, no longer be considered for any other position in that region. Acceptance of a position will automatically eliminate you from being considered for positions in your other selected regions.” So no joy unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Vlthap

“If you are offered a position (whether you accept or not) you will, in the normal course, no longer be considered for any other position in that region. Acceptance of a position will automatically eliminate you from being considered for positions in your other selected regions.” So no joy unfortunately

Thanks VegasKnights26!

Thankyou, so does this mean that panals may move faster as people who have been given OOM's are now not eligible to be placed?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 VegasKnights26

Thankyou, so does this mean that panals may move faster as people who have been given OOM's are now not eligible to be placed?

Yeah, that’s a good point-I would imagine so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GKE

Does anyone know how long clearance takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Grainne Dee

I phoned PAS today to see what the timelines might be for clearance etc and was told that there were no vacancies in Cork! It might be a very long wait.

• Advertisement

I phoned PAS today to see what the timelines might be for clearance etc and was told that there were no vacancies in Cork! It might be a very long wait.

Did you get the results this week, rumour has it that they placed a few off the 2017 panel before it expired, but it should not be too long as so many retirements coming up. They recon Limerick should be before Xmas so cork might not be too long either.

Advertisement