Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Pancras Terenure

Options
  • 04-03-2019 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I’be viewed St Pancras Terenure over the weekend, having not expected that it would be suitable, but suddenly the advantages of a shiny new build over the charm of an older property are tempting me. The prices seem very high however compared with the market in the area. Has anybody viewed / bought / decided not to buy in this spot? What were your thoughts and pros and cons?

What I liked was the layout, the BER, the own driveway with parking. And the location - although I’d say more Harold’s Cross than Terenure. What I disliked mostly was the price but also the lack of any greenery or gardens at the front of the houses, the ugly industrial building right at the entrance. And the location doesn’t seem particularly convenient to schools which I found a bit surprising.

There aren’t many directly relevant comparisons given the lack of new builds in the area so I’m finding it hard to tell if the high price is reflective of the quality of the build and the new higher standards for energy efficiency etc, or if it’s simply overpriced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

Terenure Gate is Just up the road - you could compare to prices there - although not exactly the same area (although both "Terenure") - They seem very expensive to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

I walk past these most days and decided to check out the price the other day - mind boggling ! 470k for a 2 bed apartment......

Advertisement