Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a bike delivered from UK (Courier help)

Options
  • 04-03-2019 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

HI all,

Looking to buy a 2nd hand TT bike in the UK and looking for recommendations for a company to deliver and ideally give it a look over.(If thats possible but not a deal breaker) Has anyone had good experiences with this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

Anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Ive used Shiply.com to bring bikes over from uk.
    You basically enter the details of the collection on the website and different courier companys will bid for the business to bring it home for you. You choose who you want to use. Ive got bikes / frames over for less than €100.

They wont check it over for you though, its a case of trusting the sellers description. Buyer beware or caveat emptor or something like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

I’ve never engaged a courier myself but did check it out. I may have some names saved on the computer at home so can check later.

Got most of my info on lfgss so check there. My recollection is that it’s quite a bit cheaper than €100

As said already courier won’t inspect a bike for you but someone on lfgss might if it’s in London. Lot of decent blokes on that forum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Shiply quoted me about 80 quid for a wheelset from a few different couriers. I promptly stopped using them.

Advertisement