Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned of brexit thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have just spent some time looking through many of your posts in the current Brexit thread in Politics. I cannot say I have read all 250 posts, or indeed the 7,000+ posts that make up the entire thread

However there is a very clear pattern emerging of you making claims about things and when others challenge your claims you make no attempt to rebut the challenge other than re-stating you position. So posters say you "lied", pointing out exactly where you lied, and you respond with something like "show me where I lied"

The thread is littered with you making the same claims time and again, and when challenged simply ignoring what has been said. Around 40 or so of those 250 posts have been reported by around 20 different posters. You have picked up 1 yellow card, 1 red card and 3 bans over the past month or so from your posting in that thread. And that's without being able to post for 11 days due to those bans. Those sanctions were applied by 3 different mods.

It is not simply that you have a different opinion to other posters, it's the fact that you persist in saying the same thing over and over again completely ignoring the challenges being made

It seems to me that a threadban is exactly what is needed here, as you have failed to heed all warnings to date and show no sign of changing your approach within that thread. I am therefore upholding the threadban

• Registered Users Posts: 11,623 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Thanks for looking at it beasty.
    I guess you didn't notice that i was bombarded with questions of clarification and tried to answer as many as i could. and every time i asked i poster a similar question of clarification it went unanswered and unchallenged. Indeed when i asked some questions of clarification or evidence I was simply told to "go and do your homework" or "go and google it"
    I didn't want to pester the mods with endless reports of posts - you will see with little searching that i could have reported endless posts.

Anyhow you guys have the power here. I honestly expected that i would get an immediate reinstatement because of the anti NI & anti British stuff I was subjected to. and the support of other reasonable Remainer posters.
    It is very sad that i see the mod on there has ejected another pro British voice since me - I think hes probably got them all off now. I just feel for the Remainer posters on there who wanted debate and not a remainer echo chamber.

Thanks for looking at it, I accept you genuinely believe you are being fair.

Beasty
    Just one other question. How do i go about requesting all data you hold which refers to me. ie my posts, but more importantly the exchanges between mods, cmods, admin etc which refers to me
    thanks
    kenny

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

downcow wrote: »
    Beasty
    Just one other question. How do i go about requesting all data you hold which refers to me. ie my posts, but more importantly the exchanges between mods, cmods, admin etc which refers to me
    thanks
    kenny
    The site's policy re GDPR is discussed in this thread

downcow wrote: »
    Thanks for looking at it beasty.
    I guess you didn't notice that i was bombarded with questions of clarification and tried to answer as many as i could. and every time i asked i poster a similar question of clarification it went unanswered and unchallenged.
    Just on this point, certainly based on the sample of your posts that I reviewed, you were being "bombarded" by pretty much the same question every time, and you chose not to provide an answer other than asking posters to point out exactly what they had pointed out in the post you were responding to.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Just on this point, certainly based on the sample of your posts that I reviewed, you were being "bombarded" by pretty much the same question every time, and you chose not to provide an answer other than asking posters to point out exactly what they had pointed out in the post you were responding to.
    I think you'll find if I had answered questions they way they did eg go google it, my feet would not have touched the ground till i was out.
    I probably focused on questions that i thought were genuine as i couldn't answer them all.
    eg i was warned or banned (can't remember which) for saying that SF were abstaining from both WM and Stormont - the mod thought that was untrue. If he was up in the North he would struggle to find a Unionist or nationalist who did not agree that SF are refusing to go into either Stormont or WM - thats just one wee example.
    I can't remember what those one or two anti-brit posters were asking me to explain but it was fairly obvious i was being honest.
    Actually i remeber some of the crap they were giving me now. I had explained the diversity of my friendship circle after they had told me i need to get out a little. They then tried to turn that into some racist nonsense.
    I have worked for the last 30 years bringing the two communities together here. I have connections and friendships across the communities. A wee word with our local SF councillor who is a personal friend or Lawrence McKeown who would have been the next hunger striker to die who i know we hold mutual respect, would soon let you know that I am an open person ready for honest positive debate.
    I guess the Brexit debate must now be a fairly agreeable place. Its probably a relief to some that the can now all agree that its the DUP and Brits fault.

I do honestly though appreciate the time and effort you guys put into making this forum happen and maybe some of the other threads will have space for my views

Thanks for your help even though we are not at one with the outcome
    kenny

Advertisement