Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BNI v Chamber of Commerce v SFA

Options
  • 04-03-2019 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got much feedback on any of these, I know technically you could do both. I can see the advantage of the BNI's where if you're a web designer you will be the only web designer in the BNI but the chamber doesn't seem to have that restriction.

Has anyone joined any of these and what was your experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

been in chamber of commerce & sfa before. Found both useless and a waste of money for a small company. We used the sfa for employment advice and the guy hadnt got a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

BNI is a cult, but could be a very lucrative cult, if you join a good one. Personally, it's not for me: I don't like the format, the rules, the branding, or the timing. Go along to several different chapters as a guest to get a feel for BNI overall, and for the personality of the different chapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭meforever

Checked those lot out years ago

... Non are worth your time / money unless your business growth is dependant on networking/referals. That may indeed be the case for you OP.

Mostly enterprises on sound business models don't solely depend on marketing.

Hope this help a little.

Best of luck to you on your venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We are members of several chambers. We were members of SFA years ago. We were members of BNI over a decade ago.

BNI - it can work very well, but it depends on what your business is. For us it didn't bring much value, but that was also due to the chapter we joined and the kind of business we could get from it. Other businesses were doing very well.

SFA - didn't bring much value to us

Chambers - depending on the one you join it can be beneficial both in terms of the events they organise, training etc., as well as the networking opportunities.
    I know we don't get to attend that many events in Dublin, for example, as they're often very early in the morning.

Advertisement