Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What options are available to me? Problem with Amazon.fr

Options
  • 04-03-2019 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

In Nov 2015 I purchased a graphics card from Amazon France.

All was ok until December 2018 when the card started to give me problems.

I contacted Amazon who offered me a replacement or a refund. I opted for a refund. They gave me the return address and so I returned it by registered post.

The item was returned on the 14 th of January.

Since then Amazon have basically given me the run around. I got all sort of replies depending on who answers my query including ''we received the return but it will take 4 weeks for a refund to be processed'', ''we didn't get your return'', ''your item is out of warranty and we can't help you''.

Amazon knew the purchase date from the beginning so it's not like it was a surprise to them. I simply followed their instructions for returning the item. When I asked for the item back, the person who replies pretends that they don't know what I am talking about.

What I have done so far:

I engaged with Amazon and got me nowhere.

Contacted BOI as I paid by cc but was told that the charge back period is only upto 120 from the transaction date.
    Raised a claim with the ECC which is ongoing but they have no enforcing powers so might get nowhere.

Any ideas what else I could try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

Its over 3 years since your purchase - most Companies would not offer a replacement or refund

I have found Amazon to be very fair regarding refunds, more than most Companies out there

Try approaching them again as they are keen to uphold their reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I know that the age of the item is old but I followed their instructions to return it for a refund. They knew the age from the beginning

Now I don't have either the money or the card.

Their chat is no longer a viable option, I have about 50 messages related to this issue which got me nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

GPUs would tend to have warranties longer than the standard 2 years. 3 and 5 years are not uncommon. I'd suggest trying to get someone in Dublin on the phone, I found them excellent to deal with. Buggered if I can remember how I got through to someone on the phone though!

Edit just tried there under product support and there is a call me option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

GPUs would tend to have warranties longer than the standard 2 years. 3 and 5 years are not uncommon. I'd suggest trying to get someone in Dublin on the phone, I found them excellent to deal with. Buggered if I can remember how I got through to someone on the phone though!

Edit just tried there under product support and there is a call me option.

Thank you

I also asked on Amazon .co.uk and .com but they pointed me to Amazon fr because they couldn't do much for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Shoot sorry I deal exclusively with .co.uk so that might not be much use to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Send an email to ecr-replies@amazon.fr detailing the issue and be as nice as pie about it, saying how the return request was accepted, but since it was confirmed delivered, you can't seem to get any further progression. If that email address does not reply, default to ecr-replies@amazon.co.uk instead. Those addresses should end up in Cork.

Advertisement