Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NYC in April?

Options
  • 04-03-2019 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭

Yes, to one of those looking for recommendations posts!

Have hotel sorted in Manhattan, have been approx10 times so have all the touristy things done

Also my OH lived there for 6 months in ‘08....so we haven’t been since. Plan is to check out some old haunts but are there any new restaurants worth checking out? Not looking for Michelin star, but decent enough food.

Anything new worth checking out on the tourist trail in the last ten years

Thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Freedom Tower, The High Line and Chelsea Market are additions from 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Sticky needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Thanks for all the advice, but I've had to cancel my holiday....have pneumonia :-(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Thread moved to where it would be better suited.
    Thanks kerry4sam.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

brettmirl wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice, but I've had to cancel my holiday....have pneumonia :-(
    Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

How many threads on NY now??

As the natives say: Seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    How many threads on NY now??

As the natives say: Seriously!

Seriously. I used to reply a lot to the NYC thread but not anymore but because it's just repetitive. I've offered to collate and make a permanent sticky but the mods like to have a zillion threads on the same subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Hi all,

Apologies for the offence I seem to have caused for asking a simple question in the last 24 hours.

My post was not a bog-standard what to see in NYC. My OH lived there for quite a while, but not in some time...so I was looking for the likes of stuff you'd find in those "Not For Tourists" books.

Anyways, as I said further up, I had to cancel my non-refundable flight and hotel, so no NYC for me.

Can a mod please delete or lock this thread?

Thanks.

Advertisement