Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Maire Bhig,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You will find all contact details for them under Home Energy Services towards the end of this page on the Electric Ireland website.

We must advise that the emails and phone calls may be taken by different teams, so if you were to telephone, the agent may not have access to the emails. If you send an email, you will be replied to by email also. If you maybe allow for this, and then telephone afterwards should you have follow-up questions.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 6 spamshine

Hi guys,

I am interested in the Nest but have some questions about suitability as the house is pretty old.

Currently I have a gas system boiler and a hot water tank. The Bolier heats hot water and the radiators. The timer is the traditional push clock one. There is no thermostat.

There is a manual valve (hand turned) that turns on the radiators (all of them at once).

So without doing anything to the plumbing is it worth having a nest? I can see the obvious benefit in winter time of a thermostat controlled temperature reducing total gas burnt but as the Bolier also has to do the hot water how can I mange that?

For example I don’t want heating in the morning but I need a full hot water tank? Or I need a full hot water tank but the house is already warm enough by the measure at the thermostat.

Can I set a manual on/off schedule and revert to thermostat controls at other times?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

spamshine wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am interested in the Nest but have some questions about suitability as the house is pretty old.

Currently I have a gas system boiler and a hot water tank. The Bolier heats hot water and the radiators. The timer is the traditional push clock one. There is no thermostat.

There is a manual valve (hand turned) that turns on the radiators (all of them at once).

So without doing anything to the plumbing is it worth having a nest? I can see the obvious benefit in winter time of a thermostat controlled temperature reducing total gas burnt but as the Bolier also has to do the hot water how can I mange that?

For example I don’t want heating in the morning but I need a full hot water tank? Or I need a full hot water tank but the house is already warm enough by the measure at the thermostat.

Can I set a manual on/off schedule and revert to thermostat controls at other times?

Thanks.

It's basically just a switch so you will be fitting a thermostat (switch) and have full control over the system.

Well worth it imo.

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi spamshine, 

Thank you for your interest in Nest. 

We recommend calling the Home Energy Services department directly on 1850 372 333 (9am - 6pm Mon - Fri) or via email on homeservices@electricireland.ie to discuss this further.

In the meantime, you can find more information here.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

Hi, another nest query....I live in a duplex with a 3 zone controller (2 x heating, 1 x water) with two thermostats, one upstairs and one downstairs.

I note that the Nest will only control two zones and that it is possible to purchase an additional Nest for the third zone.

However, if I don't want to spend €270 on a second Nest, what are my options for controlling the third zone? I'm not sure if that will be upstairs heat or water, I presume I can decide which two are controlled by the first Nest.

Any help appreciated!

• Advertisement

Hi marko99,

Thank you for your interest in Nest. 

We recommend contacting the Home Services department directly on 1850 372 333 as they will be in a better position to provide you with advice. They are available from 9am to 6pm. Alternatively, you can contact them through the Live Chat service. 

Please let us know if you have more questions.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

We recommend contacting the Home Services department directly on 1850 372 333 as they will be in a better position to provide you with advice. They are available from 9am to 6pm. Alternatively, you can contact them through the

Please give me a geographic number, rather than a 1850 number. Thanks.

Hi marko99,

Our colleagues don't have a direct landline number but you can call the Customer Service number, 01 852 9534, and ask to be transferred to the Home Services department.

Please let us know if there is anything more we can help you with.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Please let us know if there is anything more we can help you with.

Thanks. Having spoken to them, it appears that the only way to have three zones controlled is by purchasing two Nests at a cost of €400, or else going down the Climote route. Neither of those options appeal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

marko99 wrote: »
    Originally posted by Electric Ireland: Aoife
    We recommend contacting the Home Services department directly on 1850 372 333 as they will be in a better position to provide you with advice. They are available from 9am to 6pm. Alternatively, you can contact them through the

Please give me a geographic number, rather than a 1850 number. Thanks.
    1850 are all bundle included since 1/12/19. European directive.

I was under the impression that you could only control one zone per heatlink?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Dogg Munde,

The Nest thermostat can control one air heating zone and one hot water zone.

Kind regards,
    Una

1850 are all bundle included since 1/12/19. European directive.

Thanks for that, I didn't know!

Advertisement