Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019/20 Rule Changes!

• 05-03-2019 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Delete if posted but could not see, for the new 2019/20 season coming to a change in the rules for penalties,

1) A goalkeeper will now only need to have one foot on his line while saving penalties - OK with this one
    The goalkeeper only being required to have one foot on the line at a penalty kick.

2) No rebounds from penalties - BATSH1T CRAZY :mad:

This means players will no longer line up on the edge of the area or attempt a rebound.

3) Substituted players can leave the field anywhere - OK with this, keeps game moving
    To stop time-wasting, when a player is taken off they will no longer have to leave the field at the halfway line and can leave the pitch at the nearest point.

4) No attacking players in the wall - BATSH1T CRAZY :mad:
    Why not allow the attacking team to try every advantage possible to capitalize on the error of the defensive team!

Couple more but jesus wept :mad::rolleyes::mad:

Edit - Link added, Clicky Here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭areu4real?

BrookieD wrote: »
    Delete if posted but could not see, for the new 2019/20 season coming to a change in the rules for penalties,

1) A goalkeeper will now only need to have one foot on his line while saving penalties - OK with this one
    The goalkeeper only being required to have one foot on the line at a penalty kick.

2) No rebounds from penalties - BATSH1T CRAZY :mad:

This means players will no longer line up on the edge of the area or attempt a rebound.

3) Substituted players can leave the field anywhere - OK with this, keeps game moving
    To stop time-wasting, when a player is taken off they will no longer have to leave the field at the halfway line and can leave the pitch at the nearest point.

4) No attacking players in the wall - BATSH1T CRAZY :mad:
    Why not allow the attacking team to try every advantage possible to capitalize on the error of the defensive team!

Couple more but jesus wept :mad::rolleyes::mad:

Hi, where did you see this info? And which competitions do they apply to? Some real dodgy stuff if true. The first one is fine, no real issue there bit the others seem ridiculous imo.

No rebounds? Stupid idea. The skirmish after a penalty can be huge from an entertainment perspective, as well as giving the keeper more to do ie. Pushing the ball safe instead of just getting a lucky block

The substitution thing not too bad as long as it's enforced properly, that players MUST leave the pitch at the nearest point. Otherwise it's open to abuse.

No attacking players in the wall is just plain ridiculous. Defenders only in the wall means your attackers must be defending/covering other players. And they would need a solid definition of attackers too, I mean a team with 3 at the back versus 5. Do midfielders count? Attacking midfielders? Very hard to enforce correctly. Who makes these decisions? Insane if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

IFAB is meeting at the moment but I don't think any decisions have actually been made yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

areu4real? wrote: »

No attacking players in the wall is just plain ridiculous. Defenders only in the wall means your attackers must be defending/covering other players. And they would need a solid definition of attackers too, I mean a team with 3 at the back versus 5. Do midfielders count? Attacking midfielders? Very hard to enforce correctly. Who makes these decisions? Insane if true.

Haha! Attackers is obviously a reference to the attacking team, not players in attacking positions on the defending team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I haven't heard this even as a suggestion but taking it as read:

1. Seeing as Refs are generally not bothered where the Goalkeeper is I don't think it matters if it's one foot or both on the line.
    2. Please explain what that means. Is it just that all players are other than the taker are further back or, are the attacking team literally not allowed to put the ball in the net if the Keeper has saved it. That would be ridiculous and, given that the gist of most rule changes is to create more excitement or speed up play, I would be questioning the provenance of these 'rule changes' if this is included.
    3. The limp of honour of players being substituted is long overdue an overhaul. This rule doesn't go far enough though unless it specifies that the player must go to the nearest point of exit. It would also be no harm if refs added on time in injury time and booked an occasional player who can't walk properly but is able to applaud the crowd and shake hands and high five all and sundry on his way off.
    4. I presume no attackers in the wall means the attacking team can't put a player in the wall not that only defenders can be in the wall. I don't have a problem with this. Generally a forward will only join the wall with the intention of pulling a defender out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

[citation needed]

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭areu4real?

elefant wrote: »
    Haha! Attackers is obviously a reference to the attacking team, not players in attacking positions on the defending team.

Lol I think you're right. I also think I'm a little bit simple 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Sorry - link added, dragged inmeeting and forget to add in, my bad - looks like a jobsworth at IFAB just throwing out ideas to see what sticks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The no rebounds from penalties has been debunked.

It was something that was been suggested but it isnt being brought in....for now.

Sky and Marca (just two of the bigger names) jumped the gun with the info yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Changes that are being made on ifab website.

http://www.theifab.com/news/133rd_annual_general_meeting

Anything else is bull.

Advertisement