Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled account and billed for the next month

Options
  • 05-03-2019 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I switched provider 2 weeks ago and my Eir account was cancelled as a result. TOday I just received a bill for the next month.
    Online chat told me that the bill was generated the same day as the account cancellation, so I will get charged and then refunded later. What's the point in that? Have my money taken and then refunded in a month?
    Would like to cancel the payment and settle the bill now correctly instead of paying and then refunding.

Cheers,
    Babo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

babo9 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I switched provider 2 weeks ago and my Eir account was cancelled as a result. TOday I just received a bill for the next month.
    Online chat told me that the bill was generated the same day as the account cancellation, so I will get charged and then refunded later. What's the point in that? Have my money taken and then refunded in a month?
    Would like to cancel the payment and settle the bill now correctly instead of paying and then refunding.

Cheers,
    Babo
    Hi Babo, 

Could you PM the following details and I will look into this?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder?

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Hi there,

Cheers,
    Babo
    Hi Babo, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne, sorry about the delay, I was away. Just messaged you, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi there,

Cheers,
    Babo
    Hi Babo, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne, sorry about the delay, I was away. Just messaged you, thanks.
    No problem babo9, 

I have responded to your PM. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement