Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Composite door

Options
  • 05-03-2019 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Will be in the market for a new composite front door in next few weeks, our old wooden one is set to fall down, I have fitted a few of these before so ill be fitting it myself but cost of them supply only is mental, went to few big window and door firms and price for supply only is between 1600 to 1900. I can get the same door from a big seller in the uk for 800 pounds sterling plus collected and delivered for 100 sterling. Anyone know why such the big difference ? Ill make sure to buy it before the 29th of march!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sculdugery

Hi, im in the market for new door and find it very pricey too.......can you tell me what uk supplier sells them for that price? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Ive PMed you

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Dont Be at It

Hi there, would you mind PMing me the details too. I'll be in the market for one shortly.
    I'm guessing it won't be that easy to get someone to fit it if they haven't also supplied the door 😆

Thanks for the pm didn't see it until now. 1200e supply for a door and 2 side panels. 2300e here supply and fit.

Is that price including delivery? I got price off Shipley of 110 sterling for it to be delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Hi dar_cool can you PM me those details as well please
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Thanks for the PM dar_cool

Excluding delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭Alkers

Could I also get a pm please

dar_cool wrote: »
    Is that price including delivery? I got price off Shipley of 110 sterling for it to be delivered

How did you get 110 all im getting is 210sterling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dar cool would appreciate a PM too. Have the same problem, the prices quoted here are very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

pm please

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

pm also please.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Can we just post the company name?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

Yes can you post name? Is that allowed or could you PM me also? I'm getting quotes of €2200 supply only for door and 2 panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 keeva101

Hi, just came across your post, I’m also just starting to look for a composite door, but find them way over priced here also ..can you tell me what uk supplier sells them for that price? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I've requested a quote too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have any of ye checked the price of shipping to Ireland from the UK? Getting a few kitchen items myself and its been a nightmare for big and heavy packages, anything over 25kg and 1m in length is considered oversized and the prices go up. Fair enough if this company does it at a reasonable price but if not organising your own courier could add a few hundred to the price.

I got a quote from Shiply of just over 100 pounds. Was from a private courier but yes your right I'd allow 100/200 for delivery and I'd be measuring the opening for the door 100 times as imagine trying to return it, would be a nightmare

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

See forum charter. Some posts removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭greenexile

Hi Dar Cool, would you mind PMing me the supplier name for the composite door? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

I see a few PM requests on the previous page, have any of you used the supplier mentioned? Care to give some feedback on price, quality and how you got it fitted? Cheers.

Will also take a PM if they're going.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

At this stage can we not just post the link to the supplier?
    Charter says
    "One of the main differences between this forum and the main Construction and Planning forum and its sub forums is that business and company names may be posted where it is deemed to be beneficial to other users"

Seems like this is one of those beneficial cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭anewme

What is it about Composite Doors and PM's. Does anyone remember the last thread?

If someone has a supplier they are happy to recommend, why can't they do it on the actual thread itself?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

This forum is intended for discussing and posting all pricing and costings associated with the building industry particularly the private house sector. We would hope that fellow users will find this forum a place to both discuss prices for products and services and also a place where they can share with others the bargains they have found and also exchange recommendations, tips and advice when seeking prices for various products.

One of the main differences between this forum and the main Construction and Planning forum and its sub forums is that business and company names may be posted where it is deemed to be beneficial to other users. Ideally we would prefer to see multiple companies named. For example: A member has sought prices for the supply and fitting of windows & doors in his new house and should therefore post something like the following: Company “A” quoted €xxx, company “B” quoted €yyy and company “C” quoted €zzz.

Discussions and debates will be allowed in relation to the pricing/cost elements only but there shall be no discussion regarding the actual products or services. New threads may be opened in the appropriate forum/sub forums for such further discussions.

The forum shall not be used by anyone for the purpose of personal gain by promoting/advertising their (or others) products or services. This includes user names. Users may in certain circumstances state what their particular trade/profession is but repeated references to this will result in a ban from the forum.

Do not advertise any commercial activity on this site. This will lead to an immediate ban, the duration of which is at the moderator’s discretion. Anyone found promoting a particular business or company by way of shilling will be permanently banned from the forum.

as per previous mod notes in this thread, Comments of specific companies or product recommendations by PM

any queries please contact any of the forum moderators. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

I hope it's okay to ask here if anyone can share a recent price for a composite door with one side light please? I'm looking at Palladio doors. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

I would appreciate if anyone recently ordered and received door from UK company could PM name please thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Vetch wrote: »
    I hope it's okay to ask here if anyone can share a recent price for a composite door with one side light please? I'm looking at Palladio doors. Thanks in advance.

Got the same in just before Christmas for €2400 fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Can someone PM me the name of the supplier in the UK.

Is Brexit still happening?:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Would appreciate a PM also, thanks.

Advertisement