Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHD Glide?

Options
  • 05-03-2019 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

I'm really interested in trying this-has anyone here got their hands on it?
    Is it worth the splurge?

Its sold out online - does anyone know what Peter Marks have them in stock?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Rfrip

GingerLily wrote: »
    I'm really interested in trying this-has anyone here got their hands on it?
    Is it worth the splurge?

Its sold out online - does anyone know what Peter Marks have them in stock?

I just bought this yesterday( cork)

It’s revolutionary. I’ve curly fuzzy hair that usually takes me 40mins to straighten

Just used it last night very quickly...literally just brushed my hair and it turns frizz free. So so easy. Will have a proper go now this weekend.
    As it says, it’s not a styling tool as such, I think if I was going out I’d give it just run over with my straightener. Going by using it for about three mins last night it totally transformed it

I’m a fan of ghd anyway tbh, my straightener is 18 years old and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

That sounds great!

Did you buy it in a Peter Mark? What's the returns policy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

So, I couldn't get the glide and instead bought the Dafni brush on amazon, it was a good bit cheaper too.

I like it for "work" hair, it's not too hot so it suitable to use every day.

It smooths my hair and straightens and kinks in my hair, but it doesn't straighten hot like my ghd, which is much better for 2nd day hair as my hair looks too greasy when I straighten it on the 2nd day.

If you have bushy hair and want something to keep it looking neat but keep the body then definitely recommended, I think the Dafni and glide are meant to be quite similar.

It takes 7 minutes from turning it on to my hair being fully finished, and that's with me doing it at a relaxed pace and sectioning top/bottom, so very achievable in the morning!

GingerLily wrote: »
    So, I couldn't get the glide and instead bought the Dafni brush on amazon, it was a good bit cheaper too.

I like it for "work" hair, it's not too hot so it suitable to use every day.

It smooths my hair and straightens and kinks in my hair, but it doesn't straighten hot like my ghd, which is much better for 2nd day hair as my hair looks too greasy when I straighten it on the 2nd day.

If you have bushy hair and want something to keep it looking neat but keep the body then definitely recommended, I think the Dafni and glide are meant to be quite similar.

It takes 7 minutes from turning it on to my hair being fully finished, and that's with me doing it at a relaxed pace and sectioning top/bottom, so very achievable in the morning!

Sounds exact same as the glide! I’d need to run the straightener through it alright if I was going out but it’s perfect for day hair!! And does work better on day two! I’d be lost without mine now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Petunia11

Does anyone know if the Glide is available to buy anywhere?

• Advertisement

Petunia11 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Glide is available to buy anywhere?

I got mine in Peter Mark

Advertisement