Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for cool-off cancellation confirmation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Thoie wrote: »
    As I have not yet received any goods or services from eir, I cancelled during the cool off period in accordance with the eir T&Cs (https://www.eir.ie/termsandconditions/)

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/eir-cooling-off-period-text.pdf :
    If you change your mind, you can get a full refund on any on-line purchases before the expiry of your cooling off period which is fourteen days following receipt of your goods, or on the case of services, from the date your service was installed.

I completed the appropriate form (also from the T&Cs page) https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/cooling_off.pdf

I sent it by registered letter to the address listed:
    eir Administration, 3rd Floor, Telephone House, Marlboro Street, Dublin 1 

It was signed for on February 19th.

It's been 10 working days since it was received - when can I expect to receive written confirmation that the request has been cancelled, as requested in the letter?
    Hi Thoie, 

Could you PM the following details and I will check what is noted on your account?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB
    5. Are you the Account Holder? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Hi Thoie, 

Could you PM the following details and I will check what is noted on your account?
    1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I appreciate the response, but I don't have an account number that will work on the 1901 system.  I've been repeatedly told on webchat and the phone that an account number is the only possible way to search for me, so there's not much point in PMing you the other information as you won't be able to find me.

Can you talk to the "eir Administration, 3rd Floor, Telephone House, Marlboro Street, Dublin 1 " team, and find out what their current processing time is?  Presumably they deal with requests as they come in, so they should be able to indicate where something received on Feb 19th is in the queue, and perhaps what "date" they're up to now.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Thoie wrote: »
    Hi Thoie, 

1. Registered Name
    2. Registered Address
    3. Account Number
    4. DOB

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

I appreciate the response, but I don't have an account number that will work on the 1901 system.  I've been repeatedly told on webchat and the phone that an account number is the only possible way to search for me, so there's not much point in PMing you the other information as you won't be able to find me.

Can you talk to the "eir Administration, 3rd Floor, Telephone House, Marlboro Street, Dublin 1 " team, and find out what their current processing time is?  Presumably they deal with requests as they come in, so they should be able to indicate where something received on Feb 19th is in the queue, and perhaps what "date" they're up to now.

Regards.
    Hi Thoie, 

I will need you to send the information I requested above in order to get in contact with this team about your letter. 

As soon as I get this information I will be happy to assist. 

Grainne

Advertisement