Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On-street parking yellow zone D2

Options
  • 05-03-2019 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭

My husband's parking space in the city centre has been temporarily (3-4 months) been removed. He has to bring a car to work as he would frequently travel around Dublin and the commuter belt for various meetings and work.

He's thinking about on-street parking in D2 for the duration but i thought there are 2 hour restrictions on this. Am I right on this? He uses a parking app that allows you to pay for up to 3 hours but I'm nearly certain street signage says up to 2 hours max and then you have to move. Anyone know is a 2 hour regulation enforced?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

For a 3-4 month period he’d be better looking for an off street solution. It’s hard to know whether the DCC clampers enforce the 2/3 hour restriction but I would not want to risk it every day. Depending on which part of D2, he might find parking to rent in an apartment block, monthly parking in a multi-storey or in a hotel. All of these would be cheaper than yellow zone parking each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

On street parking tends to be the most expensive over a full day and Dublin 2 is very well policed by the clampers. For a 3-4 month solution perhaps check out https://parkpnp.com/ie/parking?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Btext%5D=Dublin&search%5Blat%5D=53.3498053&search%5Blng%5D=-6.260309699999993
    Also check out the multi storey car parks, some have weekly/monthly discounted rates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Thank you for these suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If the employer normally provides parking, and the car is generally required to do the work, then the employer should be on the hook for any costs involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

If the employer normally provides parking, and the car is generally required to do the work, then the employer should be on the hook for any costs involved.

Thanks. Yes they have agreed this without question.

• Advertisement
Advertisement