Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting a week for line reactivation.

• 05-03-2019 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We put in an order for a line reactivation for a line in situ last Tuesday. We were told it would be:

Wednesday am
    Wednesday PM 
    Friday 
    And then finally Monday, when the engineer came out to 'install' the modem.

We have broadband but still no phone line.

Please advise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Hi,

We put in an order for a line reactivation for a line in situ last Tuesday. We were told it would be:

Wednesday am
    Wednesday PM 
    Friday 

Please advise.
    Hi wmpdd3

Can you pm me the following details please and I will certainly look into this for you. 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi,

Wednesday am
    Wednesday PM 
    Friday 

Please advise.
    Hi wmpdd3

Can you pm me the following details please and I will certainly look into this for you. 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Thanks

Linzi
    Well, I learned something very interesting today.

Eir has a new call center layout.

No operator on 1901 now has access to the 'order' system. This is the system for actually making or amending orders or changes to customer accounts. 

All the operators can do is 'raise a ticket'

Before when you called 1901, they could actually see the issue, they could see your account and the orders made, amended or canceled, so once you got through you had a glimmer of hope of getting a resolution to your issue.

How do I know? I worked there.

So thank you to the eir rep here for raising a ticket, I'm sure it will be investigated promptly, unlike the other 4 tickets raised on my account since last Wednesday the 27th of Feb.

My issue is, 
    We were out of contract and wanted a new offer to remain, Eir wouldn't budge, €80 per month.

Thursday 2 weeks ago we called Vodafone and signed up with them.
    Monday, Eir call with a new offer, €25 less per month for 12 months.  We took it.
    Eir says, just cancel Vodafone before we switch over.

Monday we called Vodafone to cancel, no problem at all, they gave us the UAN and the CRN. (Pleasure to deal with)

Tuesday, we realize we have no phone service.
    Call eir, they say, they have terminated our account and we have lost our phone number, we have to put in an order for a new account and hope that we get the same phone number back, but as it's only a reactivation, it will only take an hour. 
    So we put in the new order.

Wednesday, no phone, we call eir. They tell us to hold tight, they will get to it.

Friday, no phone,  we call eir, they say, no, reactivations are not instant, you need an engineer. Eir arrange an engineer Monday. 
    We say this is new information and that the line has been there for 20 years, no engineer is necessary. They also raise a ticket and confirm that the UAN and CRN are correct. They have no idea why the line hasn't been activated. 

Monday, guy from KN arrives, fits modem and calls eir, tells them to activate the phone line, they say, no problem, it will take an hour. 
    Engineer, leaves, no phone.

Tuesday, no phone. Spend 2 hours on hold, can't get through. Message eir on Boards, webchat, and twitter. Boards raise a ticket, all others tell me this is a technical issue and to call faults on 1901. I call 1901, they say they can't do anything as the line is not even activated. 

Wednesday, no phone. I call 1901. I'm told there is nothing they can do, just raise another ticket. They say it could be up to 10 days and often is. They blame Vodafone.  I confirm the UAN and CRN, so its not Vodafone. 

Now we sit and wait and make our formal complaint to COMREG. I have found 8 separate pieces of current literature, POS and advertising that contradicts what I have been told over the phone. 

Hi,

Wednesday am
    Wednesday PM 
    Friday 

Please advise.
    Hi wmpdd3

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Thanks

Linzi
    Well, I learned something very interesting today.

Eir has a new call center layout.

No operator on 1901 now has access to the 'order' system. This is the system for actually making or amending orders or changes to customer accounts. 

All the operators can do is 'raise a ticket'

Before when you called 1901, they could actually see the issue, they could see your account and the orders made, amended or canceled, so once you got through you had a glimmer of hope of getting a resolution to your issue.

How do I know? I worked there.

So thank you to the eir rep here for raising a ticket, I'm sure it will be investigated promptly, unlike the other 4 tickets raised on my account since last Wednesday the 27th of Feb.

My issue is, 
    We were out of contract and wanted a new offer to remain, Eir wouldn't budge, €80 per month.

Thursday 2 weeks ago we called Vodafone and signed up with them.
    Monday, Eir call with a new offer, €25 less per month for 12 months.  We took it.
    Eir says, just cancel Vodafone before we switch over.

Monday we called Vodafone to cancel, no problem at all, they gave us the UAN and the CRN. (Pleasure to deal with)

Tuesday, we realize we have no phone service.
    Call eir, they say, they have terminated our account and we have lost our phone number, we have to put in an order for a new account and hope that we get the same phone number back, but as it's only a reactivation, it will only take an hour. 
    So we put in the new order.

Wednesday, no phone, we call eir. They tell us to hold tight, they will get to it.

Friday, no phone,  we call eir, they say, no, reactivations are not instant, you need an engineer. Eir arrange an engineer Monday. 
    We say this is new information and that the line has been there for 20 years, no engineer is necessary. They also raise a ticket and confirm that the UAN and CRN are correct. They have no idea why the line hasn't been activated. 

Monday, guy from KN arrives, fits modem and calls eir, tells them to activate the phone line, they say, no problem, it will take an hour. 
    Engineer, leaves, no phone.

Tuesday, no phone. Spend 2 hours on hold, can't get through. Message eir on Boards, webchat, and twitter. Boards raise a ticket, all others tell me this is a technical issue and to call faults on 1901. I call 1901, they say they can't do anything as the line is not even activated. 

Wednesday, no phone. I call 1901. I'm told there is nothing they can do, just raise another ticket. They say it could be up to 10 days and often is. They blame Vodafone.  I confirm the UAN and CRN, so its not Vodafone. 

Now we sit and wait and make our formal complaint to COMREG. I have found 8 separate pieces of current literature, POS and advertising that contradicts what I have been told over the phone. 

Hi wmpdd3

I have responded in pm 

Thanks 

Linzi

Thank you for your PM yesterday morning and thank you for raising a ticket for me, but 2 other tickets have been raised already dated the 1/3 and the 4/3, neither have been addressed. 

There has been no update at all. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Hi,

Wednesday am
    Wednesday PM 
    Friday 

Please advise.

Very same situation with us.

We're in an office and had an additional line added to our account, technician came out installed the new line and said wait for the activation text, no text, instead our first line was terminated and line 2 never got going, however broadband is working.
    We're now at day 9 waiting for line reactivation.
    Support tickets have been raised daily and escalated but still no one seems able to just reactivate the line as easy as it was terminated.
    Yesterday Eir sent a technician for installation, he said why am I here the installation on this line is complete, it just needs activation. We knew that and could've told him that ourselves, he said you'll get a text in an hour or so confirming line activation, that was yesterday and still no text.
    Rang Eir again, after 95 minutes on hold an agent told us we couldn't possibly have 2 lines on one account, we told her we'd received a bill which included both bundles so it obviously is possible because we're being charged for it despite never having a singles days service since the second bundle was added. She was very confused, put us on hold while she went to figure it out, while on hold the phone the line was cut off so still no resolution.

I have no idea why getting a line reactivated causes Eir so much trouble when they cut the phone off in seconds.

• Advertisement

Karen23 wrote: »
    Hi,

Wednesday am
    Wednesday PM 
    Friday 

Please advise.

Very same situation with us.

We're in an office and had an additional line added to our account, technician came out installed the new line and said wait for the activation text, no text, instead our first line was terminated and line 2 never got going, however broadband is working.
    We're now at day 9 waiting for line reactivation.
    Support tickets have been raised daily and escalated but still no one seems able to just reactivate the line as easy as it was terminated.
    Yesterday Eir sent a technician for installation, he said why am I here the installation on this line is complete, it just needs activation. We knew that and could've told him that ourselves, he said you'll get a text in an hour or so confirming line activation, that was yesterday and still no text.
    Rang Eir again, after 95 minutes on hold an agent told us we couldn't possibly have 2 lines on one account, we told her we'd received a bill which included both bundles so it obviously is possible because we're being charged for it despite never having a singles days service since the second bundle was added. She was very confused, put us on hold while she went to figure it out, while on hold the phone the line was cut off so still no resolution.

I have no idea why getting a line reactivated causes Eir so much trouble when they cut the phone off in seconds.
    Oh, what a disaster.

Line reactivation on a line in situ should take all of 15 mins. I know, I've done it.

For some reason, no customer accessed call center (1901 etc) has access to the PSTN order system and we are suffering. 
    There seems to be a string of mistakes made with orders on the week of the 25th of Feb and the fall out from this is compounded by the lack of access to the order system to put it right.

Customer Options in Vodafone said as much. 

If I have any resolution, I will let you know immediately. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well I'm sure you probably know that the 25th was pretty much when the old staff stopped doing anything and it was all handed over to the new support staff

Only quick option is if it works for you and you have fibre is to request VOBB - that should be done in no time and requires no tech call outs - should literally be done within the hour for a line activation, number swap may take a bit longer but 24 hours max.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Well I'm sure you probably know that the 25th was pretty much when the old staff stopped doing anything and it was all handed over to the new support staff

Only quick option is if it works for you and you have fibre is to request VOBB - that should be done in no time and requires no tech call outs - should literally be done within the hour for a line activation, number swap may take a bit longer but 24 hours max.
    Still no line.

Eir has twice refused to take my formal complaint and have fobbed me off with offers of emails from supervisors.

It is now 10 working days since I lodged my complaint with ComReg, our phone line should never have been terminated, we canceled with Vodafone well before the transfer.

On Friday, I was assured there was an internal failure and that that had been rectified.

Since Friday, I have been told, it will definitely be on by 5 pm Friday /9 am Monday and today I was told it will be on by 9 am tomorrow.  

All the while we are worried that our phone number will be given out to another account.

Any update eir: Linzi

Still no line.

Eir has twice refused to take my formal complaint and have fobbed me off with offers of emails from supervisors.

It is now 10 working days since I lodged my complaint with ComReg, our phone line should never have been terminated, we canceled with Vodafone well before the transfer.

On Friday, I was assured there was an internal failure and that that had been rectified.

Since Friday, I have been told, it will definitely be on by 5 pm Friday /9 am Monday and today I was told it will be on by 9 am tomorrow.  

All the while we are worried that our phone number will be given out to another account.

Any update eir: Linzi
    Hi 

I have checked your account notes and the VOBB activation date is for the 12th March so it should be activated tomorrow.

Many thanks

Linzi

Hi 

I have checked your account notes and the VOBB activation date is for the 12th March so it should be activated tomorrow.

Many thanks

Linzi

Hi Linzi,

Still no phone today.

• Advertisement

Hi 

Many thanks

Linzi

Hi Linzi,

Still no phone today.
    Hi wmpdd3

I will chase this up for you.  I will send you a pm when I have heard back from the relevant department. 

Thanks ~

Linzi

Hi 

Many thanks

Linzi

Hi Linzi,

Still no phone today.
    Hi wmpdd3

I will chase this up for you.  I will send you a pm when I have heard back from the relevant department. 

Thanks ~

Linzi
    Thank you in advance.

Any update?

Currently waiting without a phone line since Feb 26th.

8 eir imposed deadlines have passed.

Any update?

Currently waiting without a phone line since Feb 26th.

8 eir imposed deadlines have passed.
    Hi wmpdd3

I have sent you a pm

Thanks

Linzi

Hi Linzi, thank you for your message.

I'm afraid we have had this number for 20 years and just cancelling and putting in an order for another phone number is completely out of the question.

I'm afraid, you have been told the same incorrect information I have been told.

The number was released by Vodafone to Eir wholesale on the 26th.

I received confirmation in writing from Vodafone 3 times that the number had been released and forward each copy to eir.

Eir wholesale confirmed that the number was released to them and then maintained that the account that number belonged to was in a different persons name.

When eir said the account was in another person's name, I forwarded a copy of our previous eir bill showing that was incorrect.

Eir have run out of excuses, a simple phone line had taken 15 days and counting.....

Hi Linzi, thank you for your message.

I'm afraid we have had this number for 20 years and just cancelling and putting in an order for another phone number is completely out of the question.

I'm afraid, you have been told the same incorrect information I have been told.

The number was released by Vodafone to Eir wholesale on the 26th.

I received confirmation in writing from Vodafone 3 times that the number had been released and forward each copy to eir.

Eir wholesale confirmed that the number was released to them and then maintained that the account that number belonged to was in a different persons name.

When eir said the account was in another person's name, I forwarded a copy of our previous eir bill showing that was incorrect.

Eir have run out of excuses, a simple phone line had taken 15 days and counting.....
    Hi wmpdd3

I have sent you a pm.

Kind regards

Linzi

Thank you for your assistance, I don't know where to go from here.

I still don't have a resolution.

Thank you for your assistance, I don't know where to go from here.

I still don't have a resolution.
    I have sent you another pm

Thanks

Linzi 

Thank you Linzi.

I'm afraid a connection with an other number is no good to us.

Also I was told that it is no longer possible to revert to another number once you have been connected.

I'll ring eir again in the morning and see if I can get clarity.

Thank you Linzi.

I'm afraid a connection with an other number is no good to us.

Also I was told that it is no longer possible to revert to another number once you have been connected.

I'll ring eir again in the morning and see if I can get clarity.
    You are currently on VOBB correct?
    As long as the UAN is correct and the name matches exactly then its a simple matter of getting the number ported on to your current line. Few clicks and it's done. Normally changes over within a few hours.
    If there is any deviation in the name on the account with Vodafone and the name with eir it will require a manual intervention to get the porting pushed thru.

• Advertisement

As long as the UAN is correct and the name matches exactly then its a simple matter of getting the number ported on to your current line. Few clicks and it's done. Normally changes over within a few hours.
    If there is any deviation in the name on the account with Vodafone and the name with eir it will require a manual intervention to get the porting pushed thru.

I know, I used to work there!

Still no go, in Comreg's hands now.

I had to type out the time line, it's makes for some very funny reading, if we weren't without a phone line since the 26th of February.

Un-be-lieve-able!

There are 4 people in our neighborhood with the same issue, some winback door to door guy transfered over their accounts to Eir, all the week of the 25th of Feb.

One guy is a local councilor and he can't even get his number back.

I know, I used to work there!

Still no go, in Comreg's hands now.

I had to type out the time line, it's makes for some very funny reading, if we weren't without a phone line since the 26th of February.

Un-be-lieve-able!

There are 4 people in our neighborhood with the same issue, some winback door to door guy transfered over their accounts to Eir, all the week of the 25th of Feb.

One guy is a local councilor and he can't even get his number back.
    Hi wmpdd3

The number is not showing on our side as being released by your old provider.  We can't apply for a vobb number that hasn't been released to us.  If you want a phone service I would suggest getting connected first then applying for your number to be ported over when it has been fully released by your old provider.

Kind regards
    ~Linzi    

Hi Linzi,

Thank you for checking.

We never had a service from Vodafone.
    We cancelled the order before the porting date.

I have it in writing in an email and letter to my home, from Vodafone Customer Options that my number was always in my name with both companies and that the number was released to eir wholesale.

I was told many times by customer care and the engineer, that if I was connected with a different number, I would lose my original number.

If that was the case, I would have a phone line by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

wmpdd3, it took us getting a guy from quality control to sort our problem out. Once he got on it the line was active in 30 minutes.

No one else could do this. Not customer service agents, not tech support, not the 3 technician visits, not the executive complaints manager or even the CEO could resolve the problem in nearly 4 weeks but a guy in quality control fixed it in half an hour.

If the number isn't vacant then make a request in R6, why would they release it if you don't ask for it?

Oh Karen, in one way in delighted, but wow!

Just imagine what all that cost.

@frizili

I'm not sure what you mean. You've lost new but if there is anything I have not done, that you can suggest, I'm def doing it!

It didn't go to Port.

Eir terminated the line on the 26th of Feb. The number was never activated with Vodafone.

So a new order was put through on the system, with the UAN of the original number.

New account number.

That was sent for activation 4 times and each time, it failed, 1st they said the number was in someone else's name, so I sent in the old eir bill and the Vodafone UAN email to prove it was always under that name.

All this time, I was told the number was released by Vodafone.

Then I was told we needed an engineer out (sound familiar, Karen!?)

He also sent it for activation, then when it failed, they said I had the wrong UAN.

Then when it failed again, I was told, them number is still with Vodafone and hasn't been released.

I then got it in writing from Vodafone that the number is released.

If I've missed something, let me know and I'll follow it up tomorrow.

If the number isn't vacant then make a request in R6, why would they release it if you don't ask for it?

Vodafone says number is released.

Eir wholesale says Vodafone has the number.

How can I make request in R6?

First thing to do is check if the number is vacant - if so all good and should be no problem getting it assigned to you
    If it is coming up as OLO then it is still with Vodafone - should be a simple request for it within R6 using the UAN

There is no need for an engineer for VOBB, it's electronic - someone saying that has no clue.

But requests for a number can fail if the name is slightly different, other operator has an active connection on it that they won't release (usually because in contract so check that with Vodafone - don't always believe everything they tell you)

If all else fails then someone needs to get on to wholesale and ask why the number port is failing - I doubt anyone you speak to on the phone would be able to comprehend the failure messages.

First thing to do is check if the number is vacant - if so all good and should be no problem getting it assigned to you
    If it is coming up as OLO then it is still with Vodafone - should be a simple request for it within R6 using the UAN

There is no need for an engineer for VOBB, it's electronic - someone saying that has no clue.

But requests for a number can fail if the name is slightly different, other operator has an active connection on it that they won't release (usually because in contract so check that with Vodafone - don't always believe everything they tell you)

If all else fails then someone needs to get on to wholesale and ask why the number port is failing - I doubt anyone you speak to on the phone would be able to comprehend the failure messages.

That's exactly whats happening. The guy from Comreg says he has dealt with it before.

The CSA are saying they have called wholesale and getting explainations, but the reason is different every time.

I'm just told, it 'should' activate.

Wait
    Cancel the order
    Put another orders in etc.
    Wash, repeat!

Thanks for your help anyway. 😀

• Advertisement

Incompetence - someone needs to follow it up with W/S and say double check it and then escalate it the team manager there but that can probably only be done by a TL

Advertisement