Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return postage on faulty item

Options
  • 05-03-2019 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

I purchased some motorcycle intercoms from a well know German retailer online recently.
    It turns out when I went to install them in helmets one was faulty and I went to return it to the retailer. The only return options for them appear to have the customer pay €20 for shipping. I read that this is not right, as the retailer should pay. Can anyone verify this ?

They have it in there terms and conditions that the customer pays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ultimately the retailer pays for the cost of return in the case of faulty items. It’s not unusual for the customer to pay but later be reimbursed by the retailer.

They are not obliged to cover returns in the case of change of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you paid for the item through a PayPal account, PayPal will reimburse up to 30e return postage cost.

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Thanks for the replies :)

I'll pay for the postage through Paypal and claim it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You have to have bought the item with PayPal to begin with

Advertisement