Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billed for broadband when I had no broadband

Options
  • 05-03-2019 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I cancelled by eir broadband tv and phone package. Eir cancelled by broadband on 2nd February and my eir tv but left the phone line.  After 2 weeks they eventually ceased the phone line and only then could I move to a different internet provider.

Today I have received a bill for over 300 euro for excess broadband usage.  

My stress levels are through the roof, after weeks of trying to get them to cancel the  phone line and countless hours on the phone they send me this bill.  I could not have used their broadband because they ceased broadband.  

I have cancelled my direct debit to eir,

Is there any hope for me to leave and never have to mention the word eir again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

muirsheen wrote: »
    I cancelled by eir broadband tv and phone package. Eir cancelled by broadband on 2nd February and my eir tv but left the phone line.  After 2 weeks they eventually ceased the phone line and only then could I move to a different internet provider.

Today I have received a bill for over 300 euro for excess broadband usage.  

My stress levels are through the roof, after weeks of trying to get them to cancel the  phone line and countless hours on the phone they send me this bill.  I could not have used their broadband because they ceased broadband.  

I have cancelled my direct debit to eir,

Is there any hope for me to leave and never have to mention the word eir again?
    Hi Muirsheen

Can you pm me the following details and I will look into this matter for you.

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

Linzi

Advertisement