Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening child accounts

Options
  • 05-03-2019 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I want to open some child accounts for my niece and nephew who are 4 & 9 but have some questions.
    • As I am not the parent or legal guardian can I open the accounts?
    • If I can do I have to provided details of the parents and if so what details do I have to provide
    • Can I pay into the accounts via standing order from my non BOI accounts under SEPA, including my UK bank account if I wish?
    [*]
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks DarthNara for checking here with us today.

It's not necessary to be the child's guardian or legal guardian to open a childsave account.

You can open the account with your photo ID and your proof of address.

This account is available for a child up to 7 years of age.

The account would operate by direct debit and additional lodgements to the account would need to be made through a BOI Branch.

We have some further information here on the features and benefits,

Hope this helps,

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DarthNara

Hi Alison thanks for your reply.

Just to double check I can't pay into the account via Standing Order or other ad-hoc payments from my non BOI accounts? Is that a BOI account policy or legal restriction?

Also you mentioned that account is for under 7s what about for the 9yo?

When I open the accounts do you need the parent/guardian details provided?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks DarthNara for coming back to us.

It would need to paid by direct debit rather than standing order, this is BOI product restricted.

For aged 7 and above, our 'Young Savers' account will need to be opened by a parent or guardian.

Hope the information helps,  

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement