Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG tv

Options
  • 05-03-2019 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Lines across and down no damage outside curry's sligo won't help its only 3 months old happened when watching no marks outside crack obvious on inner screen like a pebble on a windscreen.. Anyone had this bother 3 months after buyiny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

Currys will help. you will have to persuade them! Be polite but insistent.

Under the sale of goods and supply act you are entitled to a repair (permanent), replacement or a refund. But this doesn't cover damage you've caused so they are entitled to send it off and get a report as to what happened make sure it wasn't dropped/water damage etc.

try customer.services@currys.ie if the store is no use to you.

don't be fobbed off with the contact the manufacturer line. warranty is in addition to your consumer rights and does not override/replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lines across and down no damage outside curry's sligo won't help its only 3 months old happened when watching no marks outside crack obvious on inner screen like a pebble on a windscreen.. Anyone had this bother 3 months after buyiny

So the internal screen is cracked? And it just happened without impact/pressure?

If so, your're going to have a hell of a time proving it. That looks like user damage as far as the shop is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stoutykid

My parents had the same thing happen with curry's TV. Sent it off and curry's stated the TV had been subject to an impact of some sort. This was definitely not the case and there was no mark on the outside of the TV. The TV was also only 3 months old. Ended up just buying a new TV as they got no joy with Currys and didn't have the energy to take to small claims court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

theteal wrote: »
    So the internal screen is cracked? And it just happened without impact/pressure?

If so, your're going to have a hell of a time proving it. That looks like user damage as far as the shop is concerned.

Where do you get the screen is cracked, plenty of other reasons for that problem. Even had it once caused by firmware. I was hoping for a new screen and a firmware update fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

my3cents wrote: »
    Where do you get the screen is cracked, plenty of other reasons for that problem. Even had it once caused by firmware. I was hoping for a new screen and a firmware update fixed it.

the bit where the OP says
    crack obvious on inner screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Never heard of this happening so searched online. You're not the only person this has happened to. Seems LG and Samsung have had issues with cracked screens. I would point out other examples to back up your case.

Google the exact TV model to see if any other online instances of it happening to that model.

Mate used to work for Curry's, said they had a reputation of being tough on returns if you hadn't purchased their extended warranty so good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

theteal wrote: »
    the bit where the OP says

My bad but in my defense I didn't and still don't associate a mark like a pebble to be a crack caused by user damage.

I used to work with LCD consoles and installed big Plasma and LCD advertising screens so have seen a good few damaged and cracks run across the screen in all sorts of different patterns but I've never seen one look like a pebble.

I picture from the OP might give a better idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Happened to my old LG TV twice in a year the stand cracked in 1/2 and then the panal failed.

Had to take power city to the small claims court to get a refund and then I nearly had to get the local sherf to get my money of power city as power city said they don't have to pay via email.

It does happen often with tvs the screens just breck. Happens in work as well with one model of 22 inch model where must broke

Advertisement