Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to cancel my service

Options
  • 05-03-2019 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

So like others on here I have hit the end of a 12 month contract and am running from Eir as fast as I can. My next payment is due Mar 14th and I have been trying to cancel for over a week. The only way now that exists to cancel a service is to write them a letter.  In this day and age a tech company can only be contacted by letter. :(
    Anyway at this stage I've attempted to give notice since the 20th of Feb over the phone a number of times but couldn't get through. Here is my written notice. I'm just going to cancel the direct debit and when Eir come looking I'll direct them to here. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

So like others on here I have hit the end of a 12 month contract and am running from Eir as fast as I can. My next payment is due Mar 14th and I have been trying to cancel for over a week. The only way now that exists to cancel a service is to write them a letter.  In this day and age a tech company can only be contacted by letter. :(
    Anyway at this stage I've attempted to give notice since the 20th of Feb over the phone a number of times but couldn't get through. Here is my written notice. I'm just going to cancel the direct debit and when Eir come looking I'll direct them to here. 
    Hi captainshamroc, 

Sorry to hear you wish to cancel your account. 

We are unable to take your cancellation notice here. 

Details on how to cancel your account can be found here

Thanks, 

Grainne

Advertisement