Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCR Parking

Options
  • 05-03-2019 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

Friend is coming down from NI for the weekend and staying in the North Circular Road Studios. Apartment has no parking so wondering where is safe to leave his car. Looking on a map there's nowhere that stands out to me. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Is that just down from Hanlon's corner towards Phoenix park? If so there's free on street parking all along there so if they get there at a good time they should easily get a spot. Used to live on that stretch and usually had no problem getting a spot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

ryanch09 wrote: »
    Is that just down from Hanlon's corner towards Phoenix park? If so there's free on street parking all along there so if they get there at a good time they should easily get a spot. Used to live on that stretch and usually had no problem getting a spot

Arriving Friday night, leaving Monday. Would the car be safe on the street? I'm mindful that one side of the NCR around there has a different demographic to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Caranica wrote: »
    Arriving Friday night, leaving Monday. Would the car be safe on the street? I'm mindful that one side of the NCR around there has a different demographic to the other.

I had no issue when I was there but at the time I was only in a little 12 year old Astra, hardly worth anyone messing with. Perhaps someone else would be able to give better advice in that regard as it is over 2 years since I lived there but IMO as long as they're not driving a flashy ferrari or something I wouldn't expect any issues. There are always loads of cars parked along there so if there really was a major issue with vandalism people wouldn't be parking at all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I've parked daytime without problems along there a good bit when visiting friends. Have never heard of it break ins once you follow the usual advice of not leaving anything visible in the car. If you're worried about it then there are car parks in Smithfield and Hueston, both of which are around a 15 minute walk back to NCR.

Advertisement