Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool & Wolverine - *spoilers from post 183*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,946 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I wouldn't cast a new logan tbh, nor use Hugh Jackman.

I would push with X23 as a wolverine replacement character, with a new arc.

But then if we assume this new Logan is alive and around come Secret Wars in particular, I don't know if you can get away with him just off camera chilling.

I do think they should push X23 as a solo character in her own right. Her being saved at the end of Deadpool (vs not seeing Electra, Gambit or Blade) would indicate to me they are certainly open to her continuing in the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

That WAS her timeline though so she belonged there unlike the others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: The film’s been out a few days now so no need for spoiler tags from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm not generally a fan of superhero films, especially the Marvel ones but I do enjoy that Deadpool takes the piss out of them.

I enjoyed it. I laughed a lot, especially at all the meta (Hugh Jackman singing references, etc.). I like that it doesn't take itself too seriously, though the tender moments felt more forced than in the previous films. That said, Jackman's performance was stronger in that aspect. Chris Evans was a good laugh.

I'd also agree that the invincibility factor somewhat defeats the purpose of epic fight scenes. What's the point in Deadpool and Wolverine knocking the shite out of each other if neither of them will ever die? Or the whole 100 vs. 1 Deadpools when you know none of them are going to die?

It didn't feel like they've really gone anywhere new in terms of the character while the plot I imagine is one that's going to pop up quite a lot in the future Marvel films.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,696 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I got a good laugh out of The Cavrillrine loading the claws.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Blade was completely unexpected as a member of the resistance. Snipes fùcking killed and if there was any life left in the Blade reboot it should die now. "Theres only one and there will only be one" is a fine full stop to the character. Snipes is too perfect it'd be like tryna recast Deadpool himself.

Gambit was equally unexpected after Blade, I wasn't suprised to see Tatum but I thought Snipes woulda surely blown the cameo budget. Slight missed opportunity not the have him use the "Remember It" line but there was no way of knowing it would become so meta. Loved all the self-deprecating jokes about the Gambit movie. Gambits powers were fantastically brutal.

They shouldn't have self spoiled X-23's return - knowing she was coming killed her reveal. Loved her pulling out her shades pre-fight and shes still as violent as ever, really hope they keep Kinney in the MCU. Jackman is Logan just don't touch it, just use Keen as Wolverine and if you really want a male Wolverine character introduce and utilise Daken.

Paradox was an unexpected delight throughout - "sorry is atomizing my universe making you peckish" "I'm eating my feelings". The exasperated "Fuuuuuuck" as Iris played at the end was so comically expressive. I must look up more of McFaydens work I think its right up my street.

The soundtrack was a blast. Bye Bye Bye was a killer opening, Iris both times, Lady in Red and Grease were all greatly placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"Paradox was an unexpected delight throughout - "sorry is atomizing my universe making you peckish" "I'm eating my feelings". The exasperated "Fuuuuuuck" as Iris played at the end was so comically expressive. I must look up more of McFaydens work I think its right up my street."

I mean if you haven't watch Succession, you need to watch Succession.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,946 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ah, yes - I didn't cop that well enough. Cheers.

Would still hope it means they want her in the MCU, but now I'm less sure of it.

• Advertisement

Matthew MacFadyen is just so good from Spooks, The Pillars of the Earth, Ripper Street & Succession.

I've nearly started Succession a few times but never did. McFayden tips the scales after this. Will definitely watch it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I did not see a Deadpool 3 but Wolverine V Deadpool. Is this basically Deadpool 3? I enjoyed it. Much better than the last film I seen.

Some good laughs, a lot of gore and violence.

There Is a mid trailer and one right after the end credits at the end too as to be expected.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I don’t know if Chris Evans is a good comic actor or is just funny seeing him swear so much.

Post edited by kerplun k on

• Registered Users Posts: 86,690 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was the X23 at the end scene in OG Deadpool Wade's world from that world or back from The Void?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm not sure if they missed a trick or if was a bait and switch too much that instead of Happy that Wade was talking to, it was Foggy. Jon Favreau played Foggy in the Affleck Daredevil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ColmDove

Enjoyed the movie. It felt like a nice goodbye to the pre/non MCU marvel films.

That said, I'd be afraid for those fans who haven't seen / aren't aware of the history of the franchises. People have been complaining about the need to have seen so much extra content to enjoy recent Marvel films (ie The Marvels), I didn't Deadpool/Wolverine to fall into the same trap. Do viewers need to know that Channing Tatum was lined up to star in a Gambit franchise to fully enjoy his scenes? Probably not, but it certainly helps.

Was surprised to see some relatively parents (or adults if not the kids parents) with young kids in the audience (12/13 ish) considering the content.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Seems almost redundant to point this out, but this had a stonking worldwide opening weekend, amassing $444 million; think it broke some records for R Rated movies too. No idea how all that lucre translates back to ticket sales mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,859 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I never check this sort of thing so thanks. Good to know.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

They are really pushing the whole "Anchor Being" online now with the who is the anchor being in the prime universe.

Will The Prime Universe Avengers jump throught he multiverse to bring back a Tony Stark when they find out the prime universe is dying as he was that universes prime being only to bring back a Doctor Doom Tony Stark.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't know how much stock I'd put into the whole Anchor Being thing. I saw it as more of a joke that Wolverine was pretty much the anchor for all the Fox X-Men films and that that universe had to die because Logan died. It could maybe be played off as just something Paradox said to Deadpool as justification for why that universe was going to be destroyed (which he was doing against TVA rules anyway), but I doubt they'll extend it to the likes of Earth 616. It gets really messy if the actor of that character then bows out (and let's face it, if it wasn't Tony or Cap who the f*ck else could it be?).

Dr. Strange would be my guess.

Peter Parker since we have already seen two other Peter Parker's and that shows it doesn't have to be the same actor playing the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Really disappointed with this. The same old tired jokes, cheap sex innuendo doesn't cut anymore. Pop songs being ridiculously loud during every action sequence. I did enjoy the last act cameos.

Hopefully we get more of McFayden's Paradox he has the potential to be the MCU Dick Dastardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,690 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Ryan missed a trick not getting Madonna and NSync as some of the Pools

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

is blade Wesley snipes or the other fella

One thing I meant to mention was Gambits cards were fcuk’n cool and well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Falls into the same issue plaguing all MCU films. Relies on cameos to pop a reaction and the finale is the same thing all the time (destroy world, universe, multiverse etc).

• Advertisement

Was Deadpool/Wade Wilson actually Hannibal King in Blade's Universe.

Oh the multiverse so many questions.

Advertisement