Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Borussia Dortmund (0) vs Tottenham (3), Rd of 16 2nd Leg, RTE2 & BT Sport 2, 8pm

• 05-03-2019 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

dortmund-vs-tottenham.jpg

2nd Leg Match Odds

Dortmund evens
    Draw 13/5
    Tottenham 13/5

To qualify

Dortmund 10/1
    Tottenham 1/25

Following a very one-sided first leg which saw Tottenham overwhelm Dortmund 3-0, Pochettino's side travel to Germany with the Champions League quarter-finals in sight.

Both sides enter the game in poor form domestically, with Dortmund's commanding lead at the top over Bayern now reduced to only goal difference, while Spurs have seen their slim title chances disappear.

With regards injuries, Dortmund will be without Lukasz Piszczek, and Christian Pulisic is doubtful; Tottenham will be missing Dele Alli and Kieran Trippier, with Dier and Winks both doubts. Happily for the neutrals many of the big players that missed the first leg will likely feature tonight: Reus, Alcacer and Akanji for the home side; Harry Kane for the visitors.

How do you see the game going tonight?

It will be a tall order for Dortmund but if they can get a goal in the first twenty minutes the place will be rocking and Tottenham's mettle will be tested. For that reason I wouldn't write Dortmund off, although they're obviously big underdogs. I'm excited for the battle between Akanji and Kane and I'd also like to see Guerreiro start - unlike in the first leg - and see what problems he can give Aurier. Sanchez looked dodgy against Arsenal and I can see the craft of Reus catching him out at some stage.

I feel Dortmund, even though they've been poor of late, can nonetheless cause Spurs a scare tonight. But having Kane back is a big boost for Tottenham and I can easily see him being the one to steady any nerves with a goal. I'll say 3-1 to Dortmund on the night, with Spurs advancing on aggregate.

Hoping for a rip-roaring, edge-of-the-seat type game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Spurs were ruthless at Wembley but the 3-0 was a bit flattering towards them I felt, Dortmund were unlucky not to come away without an away goal.

Dortmund are on a downward spiral in terms of results and displays the past few weeks so I cant see them getting close to turning this around, but in saying that, Spurs havent exactly been great themselves.

Maybe Dortmund will win on the night but a 3 goal lead should see Spurs through comfortably enough tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Same, a Dortmund win especially after what Sammer said. Spurs to go through hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pity this has ended up as the TV game even though it would have been seen a good pick at the time.

Dortmund will score but so will Spurs so should be easy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Team news:
    Borussia Dortmund XI: Burki; Wolf, Weigl, Akanji, Diallo; Witsel, Guerreiro; Sancho, Reus, Gotze; Alcacer.

Tottenham Hotspur XI: Lloris; Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen; Aurier, Sissoko, Winks, Davies; Eriksen, Kane, Son.

Dortmund going for it with that line-up. Looks like Weigl is in defence. Wolf preferred at RB to Hakimi. Could even be a 4-1-4-1 with Witsel as the lone midfield protection.

Winks passed fit for Spurs while Dier makes the bench. Looks a solid team for Spurs. They don't need to be too adventurous tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Strong team, so we should be good enough to at least lost but still go through. I'd imagine we'll sit deep enough for the first 20 mins, and try to soak up any pressure, before pushing up with Son and Kane on the counter.

Or we'll utterly bottle it and lose 4-0 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Jesus, if you’re a Spurs fan, don’t watch RTE. The way they’re going on, you’d swear Spurs are about to fold. Poch leaving, Kane and Alli will start wondering, stadium tying up money for a decade, Dortmund score and Spurs are screwed, Lloris is hopeless.

****ing hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Jesus, if you’re a Spurs fan, don’t watch RTE. The way they’re going on, you’d swear Spurs are about to fold. Poch leaving, Kane and Alli will start wondering, stadium tying up money for a decade, Dortmund score and Spurs are screwed, Lloris is hopeless.

****ing hell.

"Ben" Foden now playing for Man City now it seems too :rolleyes::rolleyes:

All BVB Spurs are hanging on a bit already.

Was fully expecting a blitz from them for the first 20 mins, so if we can hold them during that, i think we will push on.

They are playing some nice football so far though, with Spurs barely in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Ajax lead Madrid 2-0 in Madrid, Susan Tadic playing Puck.

• Advertisement

Dortmund doing well but you feel they need at least a goal before the end of the half.

Why did the linesman stop play there? I thought they were supposed to let it run and check afterwards? Kane was barely off there.

And what the hell was the ref looking at there? Clear foul.

Fantastic chance for Son to end the tie. Poor effort in the end.

Bit of a nudge, but still should have done better.

Great from Lloris and Davies there. Good spell for the home side.

Lloris again! Huge stop.

Absolute siege here, with a fantastic block from Davies and then save from Lloris.

Dortmund could be 3-0 up easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Dortmund doing well but you feel they need at least a goal before the end of the half.

They should have that goal by now.

Great double save

0-0 at the break. Dortmund's performance was good but couldn't make it count with a goal. Spurs not offering a lot tonight and it would be interesting to see how they'd respond to a Dortmund goal but Lloris looks in the zone at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Dortmund looked to tire towards the end of the half. Think spurs have weathered it now

• Advertisement

KAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE

Nerves settled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Beautiful strike from Kane, Sissouko doing stepover all over the pitch

Favre should take off Reus. All about the Bundesliga now.

He's off now on 73 minutes. Right call.

Lloris again there to make the save. He's been the MOTM for me.

Full-Time. Spurs very professional on the night, weathering the pressure when it mattered in the first half. Dortmund needed to score when they were on top to give Tottenham something to think about but they weren't good enough. Great shame their form has nosedived since the draw was made. Hope they can sort it out before they blow the league as well.

Tottenham will be tricky for any side. I hope they go far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Once Dortmund didn't score in that spell before halftime, it was all over. They sorted things out at halftime, just like they did last week, and nullified Dortmund for the second half. Really good performance.

Advertisement