Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change one glowplug or all of them?

• 05-03-2019 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭

Have a Skoda 1.6 CDI , 2014, error code says glowplug one faulty, should I change just one or all four?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Considering how easy they are too ring off, I wouldn't risk 3 that don't need to be risked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

If they are free I'd do the 4, but as above if any of them are putting up a fight, I'd leave it be, not worth the risk.

They aren't particularly bad for snapping glow plugs though so I'd definitely see how the other 3 feel. Have the engine hot when trying to remove them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Big Words

This theory of having engine hot is of juvenile thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I broke one in a cdti Opel.a pigskin of a job.its still stuck in it.if you weld onto them can you bring them does anyone know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Big Words wrote: »
    This theory of having engine hot is of juvenile thought.
    Prove us wrong by adding a source or two for your claim, particularly when you are bordering on being uncivil, something I will not abide in this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Kay bee

<please use the report button if you want to report something, don't drag thread offtopic>

My engine was red hot when I broke one.from research online and asking lads I’m not the only one who had hassle with them. I broke one and the rest came easy out.broken one still in with the lead removed.anyone have experience removing them and can you weld onto them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

My engine was red hot when I broke one.from research online and asking lads I’m not the only one who had hassle with them. I broke one and the rest came easy out.broken one still in with the lead removed.anyone have experience removing them and can you weld onto them

I'm in the same boat with an OM606, 2 plugs broken. When I get round to it I'll be drilling and tapping the cores out, I should have pictures for that when I come round to it

Personally, I'd change all plugs at once. Changed hot and cold, indirect and c/r. Last set was on the Avensis, long plug. Changed once I'd arrived home after work, engine hot, all 4 came out without any issues

I'm in the same boat with an OM606, 2 plugs broken. When I get round to it I'll be drilling and tapping the cores out, I should have pictures for that when I come round to it

Personally, I'd change all plugs at once. Changed hot and cold, indirect and c/r. Last set was on the Avensis, long plug. Changed once I'd arrived home after work, engine hot, all 4 came out without any issues

Thanks pigeon.

Advertisement