Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timing. Now or

Options
  • 06-03-2019 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Would like some outside options.

TTC has been off the table for some time now due to cervical issues.
    I didn't have any hope of being given the all clear this year.
    Our wedding is booked for May 2020 and I had hoped to TTC after that.
    I'm 36, will be 37 later this year. I'm conscious of time.

Surprisingly, I've been given the ok by consultant to begin TTC in 4 weeks time if I want to.

Should we try earlier than originally planned.

I know it's selfish but I hadn't imagined being pregnant or with a new baby for our wedding. We have both saved extremely hard to have our celebration.
    I also have what might be considered a weird notion of wanting to do things in the right order this time, old fashioned I know. We both have a child from previous relationships when we were far too young, so I want everything to be done properly this time around.

But time..... precious time!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Big Words

Drive on, time is precious

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It doesn't always happen first crack of the whip could take a few months. I'd say you'll definitely be pregnant by the time of the wedding though, Maybe skip waiting the 4 weeks if your able for it, might get lucky on the first go and they baby will be here by may and you'll still be able to enjoy the wedding baby free just get a babysitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Start as soon as you can! It may take longer than you think! As someone who’s 3 years into ttc I’d never advise anyone to wait if they could go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Thanks for the Input.
    Definitely have to wait the four weeks for treatment area to heal. Intercourse is banned until then 😞

My OH wants to wait until after the wedding but I think I'll have another chat with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the Input.
    Definitely have to wait the four weeks for treatment area to heal. Intercourse is banned until then 😞

My OH wants to wait until after the wedding but I think I'll have another chat with him.

I ended up pregnant before r wedding. Tbh I didn’t think it wud happen so quick but it did. I was 5 months pregnant going down the aisle and my anniversary is soon n I’ve an 8month old now. Honestly the best thing I ever did!!!
    Not only did it change my perspective on the wedding. I ended up with more intimate day, I also stressed less over things like favours etc, I just let the day happen.
    It was the best day of my life and I’m so happy to have my little boy here for my anniversary.
    As special and all as a wedding is, I wouldn’t let it hold me back from having a baby if the baby is your priority right now. X ( I’m currently trying for baby No2 and it’s not happening as easy as the first. I didn’t try with the first and now I’m realising how easy it is to take fertility for granted! )

• Advertisement

We decided to go ahead and try this month and see what happens. We'd be very lucky to strike lucky first cycle trying but fingers crossed.
    I've also had blood tests to check my ovarian reserve, should have the results this week.

If we're not pregnant this month we'll discuss our next steps depending on the test results.

Excited and nervous all at the same time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ovarian reserve is useful to know but the main thing is that your cycle is normal. I got pregnant with twins with an extremely low ovarian reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

You can delay your wedding, but you can't always delay your family. You will be 37 by the time you are married... i would start trying now and see what happens. Maybe get your ovarian reserve checked too, as that might influence things further.

fits wrote: »
    Ovarian reserve is useful to know but the main thing is that your cycle is normal. I got pregnant with twins with an extremely low ovarian reserve.

Thanks, I've been tracking my cycle for a year now and it's very regular, I was using a very basic app but last month upgraded to a more detailed and started using a BBT thermometer and OPK tests.

Advertisement