Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to build an ecommerce website - platform recommendations?

Options
  • 06-03-2019 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

I'm trying to get an online store up and running. So far I've researched and short listed the following platforms:

* Shopify
    * WordPress
    * SquareSpace
    * Magento

Looking for anyone who has used any of these before to give any pros and cons?

I'm looking to sell clothing online and main requirements are stock keeping, and as a clothing store it needs to also look good so must have a good design selection. Other than that the expected solutions like multiple payment gateways, security etc which all of the platforms already have.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

If you haven't done ecommerce before, I recommend starting with Shopify as it's an inexpensive way to get started and learn before spending significantly on a more custom setup. You can switch to a different system later after learning from the Shopify experience.

Be wary of recommendations from those who just happen to know one tool better than another.

Some further thoughts on CMS here.

Advertisement