Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't make or receive calls from my eir mobile phone.

• 06-03-2019 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi. Since last weekend I can't make or receive calls on my eir mobile phone. However, if I move 500 meters or so from my home it seems to work okay. I can make and receive texts alright but can't make calls or receive calls while around my home. I'm with eir for over a year now and it has always worked perfectly. What is wrong with it? Please help. Thanks. Gerry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi. Since last weekend I can't make or receive calls on my eir mobile phone. However, if I move 500 meters or so from my home it seems to work okay. I can make and receive texts alright but can't make calls or receive calls while around my home. I'm with eir for over a year now and it has always worked perfectly.  What is wrong with it? Please help. Thanks. Gerry.

Hi Gerry

If you could just take the battery out of your phone for at least 5 minutes and then turn it back on or put the phone into airplane mode for a few minutes. This will allow your phone to reboot and perform a location update.  If this is unsuccessful pm me the following information and I will look into this issue for you.

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 18 connemaragerry

Linzi, I done what you said but no difference. It's a something to do with the eir network as my neighbour 3 doors away who is also with eir has the same problem. My name is <snip> and I'm a prepay customer. I'm not sure of my account number. If I go to the town it works fine but not at home. My Internet is dodgy too. Regards. Gerry. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Linzi, I done what you said but no difference. It's a something to do with the eir network as my neighbour 3 doors away who is also with eir has the same problem. My name is <snip> and I'm a prepay customer. I'm not sure of my account number. If I go to the town it works fine but not at home. My Internet is dodgy too. Regards. Gerry. 
    Hi Gerry

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to assist you with this technical issue.  You would have to call 1901 and ask to be put through to our technical department. 

Many thanks

Linzi

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Connemaragerry, I've removed your address and full name from the posts above, best to send these via a Private Message when they are requested. 

Advertisement