Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal PC Speaker

Options
  • 06-03-2019 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could pick one of these up in dublin? I have a new build that's not booting and it turns out my mobo needs a speaker connected to produce beep codes. I've looked through my other machines and literally all of them have a beeper soldered on the mobo directly so no joy there. I've looked on amazon and know I can get one there but I'm just wondering is there anywhere around Dublin that I could grab one and save myself the wait?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Odd it was not included with mobo.
    Try Maplins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I don't think Maplin are around anymore in Ireland.
    Is there a connector on the motherboard or would you have to solder it on?
    What the model of the motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭breadmond

Thanks, are Maplins not gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No Maplins these days

Elara or Eurieka would probably have them but I don't know if either have shopfronts you can walk into

cruizer101 wrote: »
    I don't think Maplin are around anymore in Ireland.
    Is there a connector on the motherboard or would you have to solder it on?
    What the model of the motherboard?
    It's one of these. Should just slot onto the fp_audio header

The board is a Gigabyte Aorus B450 I Pro Wifi

• Advertisement

Looks like there's nowhere in Dublin I could get one of these today so I ordered off amazon. In the meantime I'm going to try the hackiest of solutions. After staring at pictures of these speakers online I came to the conclusion that they're basically just the motherboards buzzers with a wire attached. I've dug out an old mobo and desoldered the buzzer, now I just need to find a suitable connector to put on it

Ooops
    Cant even think when i was there last.
    Didn't realize they are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Ooops
    Cant even think when i was there last.
    Didn't realize they are gone.

that's why they are gone, it's all your fault!!

Damn

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

If you're able to solder and desolder, virtually any toy that beeps will provide you with a piezo speaker, wires and quite possible a suitable connector. Or strip some thicker wire and use the hollow insulation bits as sleeves to keep the wires on the mobo connector pins.

/MacGyver out

Advertisement