Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant connect wireless laptop

Options
  • 06-03-2019 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I have a relatify new Epson ET-2600 and it has worked (though a bit moody) until recently I had to change my wifi password and now the printer will not connect. the error message I got was "problem found, Printer Epson ET -2600 is not shared wotu homegroup a print job in the print queue is preventing other jobs from printing" I have tried deleting the print job and even deleted the printer and adding it again. I am actually at my wits end. I would really appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Reading the manual helps
    To connect to a WPS-enabled router, press the WPS button on your router or access point.
    Press and hold down the Wi-Fi button on your product for 3 seconds. The left side of the light turns green to indicate a successful connection.

You dont state your ISP but 95% of them support WPS.
    img_wps.jpg
    Thats the logo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

I have tried that a few times and it doesnt seem to work. the green and orange lights are on in the printer. It seems to be something to do with the home network group.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

gubby wrote: »
    I have tried that a few times and it doesnt seem to work. the green and orange lights are on in the printer. It seems to be something to do with the home network group.

Have u tried uninstalling the printer completely then reinstalling it back onto network with the new password

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

My personal view to WiFi printers - "cancer"
    Set static IP on printer manually, add printer to PC over TCP/IP manually, done with it , never use WDS, never buy/use WiFi for printer to avoid issues in the future.

thanks smuggler but I am not very tec friendly can you please explain how to do this as if I was 5. I really appreciate your help. I think that my pc is connected to the internet but not in the same way as my laptop in the kitchen where I can select my wifi as it shows up as sky but in here with the pc in my office it doesnt mention sky just "home internet access" or homegroup

• Advertisement

capture2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Providing Laptop is WiFi connected you see SKY as SSDI, providing PC is Ethernet(cable) connected it uses different media. However, both computers and printer connect to same network(LAN)
    There is two way to assign IP to printer:
    1. set IP on your router to be assigned to printer by MAC of the printer.(see router manual how to do this)

2. set IP on printer to "Manual" instead "Auto" and type IP available from range on your network

In either way you insuring that, any time you power on printer, it will get exact assigned IP and computer will know where to look for printer providing network function as expected.

Usually there is way to modify TCP/IP setting from within printer, but your model doesn't appear to support this.

On manual page 77 is instruction how to connect to printer Web interface - modify IP settings to "Manual" - set IP from range but in high numbers(recommended, 192.168.1.200 as sample) - similar to this video
    You can print printers "Network report" to find out IP currently assigned(by routers DHCP) to printer. This defined on manual, page 22

Once you have set static IP to printer, add printer to each computer manually by TCP/IP: link1, link 2

Advertisement