Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC boot issues, something died.

Options
  • 06-03-2019 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭

For the last few months now my machine has had boot issues. Within the last week it's just stopped altogether now.

Powers on fine. All fans spin up (Case / CPU / GPU).
    Boot drive is SSD and has never given any issues.
    HDD spins up, never had issues.
    After this though... More often than not, there would be no power going through to KB&M for a minute or so, no video output, then they and everything else would spring to life. Now, nothing. So no power to those, nothing displayed on screen.

So, I'm assuming it's either dead / dieing RAM (2 sticks 4GB RipJaws) or dead / dieing CPU (i5-4570). Please be RAM. I have tried booting with just the 1 stick installed (trying both individually) and no joy .

I assume this has been encountered before and would love some advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cardboard box test.

Another poster had similar lately, failing FPIO card reader preventing post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

ED E wrote: »
    Cardboard box test.

Another poster had similar lately, failing FPIO card reader preventing post.
    No card reader installed. I do have an old dvd drive in it. Might pull it out and see if that's the issue.

Advertisement