Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price of architect for overseeing

Options
  • 06-03-2019 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hello , just wondering if anybody can advise me.
    My partner and I have planning permission go to build a dormer bungalow , we got an architect to draw up all plans/help us with the planning permission etc etc and Paid him to do same.
    He was going to oversee the build but now he cannot do it for reasons beyond his control. So he cannot be part of the over seeing part and signing off on stages of build etc.

We obviously need another architect, but what should it cost when we already paid the other architects roughly 3000 for all the work he had done to date. I appreciate any advice !:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hello , just wondering if anybody can advise me.
    My partner and I have planning permission go to build a dormer bungalow , we got an architect to draw up all plans/help us with the planning permission etc etc and Paid him to do same.
    He was going to oversee the build but now he cannot do it for reasons beyond his control. So he cannot be part of the over seeing part and signing off on stages of build etc.

We obviously need another architect, but what should it cost when we already paid the other architects roughly 3000 for all the work he had done to date. I appreciate any advice !:confused::confused::confused:

That fee is ok for planning stage.
    You now need to work out what you need for construction stage.

Your going to need the services of a Structural engineer also, and a BER Assessor.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭lillycakes2

Do we definetly have to have an engineer and BER assessor?

Do we definetly have to have an engineer and BER assessor?

New build. Preliminary BER assessment is a requirement of the regulations. Then a BER cert on completion.

Engineer. Who will design the structural elements?

The planning stage is the cheapest stage of a build. I always tell people this.

Thanks for the info …. how much roughly do you think BER and engineer will cost? we are getting a contractor, neither of us know very much about building !!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Don't forget PSDP too!

• Advertisement

can you use an architect who is also an engineer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

You can if you can find one. Haven't met one yet!

can you use an architect who is also an engineer?

A hybrid.
    I have t seen one of those in this country.... or any country for that matter.

Thanks all, So we have got an architect who is costing 6000 for build ,Does this sound reasonable? now we need an engineer.....

How much should we be expecting to pay for this? Really appreciate any knowledge from anyone !!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Not clear what the fee is for

• Advertisement
Advertisement