Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paris Saint-Germain v Manchester United , Round of 16 2nd Leg, BT Sport 2, 8pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hate to say it but fair play to Utd thought it be a easy PSG win. Delighted though at least it's PSG out. Awful club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

IT'S OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

MANCHESTER F*CKING UNITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sweet merciful Jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

10 mins of extra time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm never gonna be terribly upset by seeing PSG get screwed over - hate watching them. But that's a fairly terrible decision.

Like, what are you supposed to do? Looked to be zero intention behind it, and his arm wasn't in a particularly haphazard, unnatural position or anything... I could understand a ref getting it wrong in the heat of the moment, but I'm not sure how you give that after cold, careful review.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

LOL Di Maria!

UNITED!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Architects of their own dowbfall admittedly with the first 2 goals, but still an outrageous decision.

I agree completely but if you do not put away your chances then it can come back to bite you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Haaaaaaaa.....well done United!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

That call, poor Buffon

Souness absolutely raging on Virgin Media Sport right now.

Hook it into my veins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

****ing wow thought i was gonna have a heart atttack

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow, just wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Honestly, the lesser of two evils went through tonight. Well done lads, jammy as fcuk of course but it’s nice to see PSG humiliated like that.....again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,974 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well done Manchester United.

Tuchel might be losing his job after this.

Unbelievable scenes, Jeff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

WOW... Just... WOW. I mean.... WOW!!!!

So proud

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Ironically, VAR is leading to more bad decisions being given.

I was never in favor of it, football was fine without it.

The more I see of it, the more I dislike it.

Really have not seen many bad decisions given well except that 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Think everyone can enjoy psg getting bet, great scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bit of a background narrative, but surely that's the result that absolutely seals the job for Ole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I agree completely but if you do not put away your chances then it can come back to bite you

Stupid logic.

PSG did enough,

A wrong decision cost them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

ole ole ole ;)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Wow that was unbelievable, I'm not a United fan but I salute them tonight. Some outstanding performances all over the field. They deserved to win It.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭flazio

What were Uniteds odds before the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The VAR decision was awful but fair play to United. That was a great performance and result.

Solskjaer surely has that job wrapped up now and I'm happy for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Well done United, but lol that was never a peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! great result.
    Party like it's 1999!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

No way was that a penalty but good luck to Solskjaer. I don't think VAR is the issue it's the rules need to be changed to fit in with VAR. The ball hit the back of his elbow how is that handball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Really have not seen many bad decisions given well except that 1

The WC was full of awful VAR decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If it wasn't for var that handball wouldn't have been replayed never mind argued. Bring in coach reviews like American football, 1.per half, if the decision is overruled you keep your appeal, if its not you loose it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

As a Liverpool fan it's in my DNA to hope United lose but watching them beat PSG tonight made me smile- PSG are such a horrible, horrible team and deserve what they got tonight. Well done UTD great game to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Hard to understate how awful a decision that was. How is it possible to get that wrong when he watched the replay about 5 times. Totally bizarre. VAR is a complete shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

Been said countless times but WTF is with BT sport showing the highlights of the match they've just showed in full?
    FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't turn your back on the ball.

Delighted for PSG, such a horrible club.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As above, never a penalty, but delighted to see PSG go out. Fair play to United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

josip wrote: »
    Been said countless times but WTF is with BT sport showing the highlights of the match they've just showed in full?
    FFS.

I might watch it again tho. :D

This game shows why the away goals rule is class. If it weren't in operation another United goal wouldn't carry anywhere near as much drama or tension.

As I was saying...

We can't get rid of away goals, folks. Can't lose drama like this. Neymar on the sidelines in tears ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Hard to understate how awful a decision that was. How is it possible to get that wrong when he watched the replay about 5 times. Totally bizarre. VAR is a complete shambles.
    It's laughably bad. I hope that's not a sign of things to come next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Peno for me. He tried to make himself bigger, he knew the ball was going to that side him. It was stupid because the ball was going 10 yards over the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Wow :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Unbelievable win for united considering the side that was put out! Harsh on PSG the penalty but such a horrible unlikeable side that won’t be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

i thought the first step of deciding if its a penalty or not is to ask
    No 1: Is it deliberate .............. Now if you can't get past step one it's not a penalty. How did Ref get past step one, to say this guy set out to handle the ball in the last minute when his team was winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

PSG paid for being content to try and control it at 1-2 and not really try and force a goal to settle it.

Atrocious decision for the penalty though. Should never have even been referred to VAR, and even when it was, the ref should have taken about 5 seconds to dismiss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Bit of a background narrative, but surely that's the result that absolutely seals the job for Ole?

Has to be . done incredible so far. Supercedes everyones expectations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ref never played the game and will argue it's a pen all day long, they're not football wired at all. How the hell can that guy remove his arms from that attempted block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

I'm still wondering if that decision was worse than the one in the WC final.

I agree with Michael Owen, for once!
    Also, anything slowed down looks worse, a hundred times worse. Ridiculous.

Peter Walton defending the ref !!!!

I have a feeling this could be Bayern's year now, a side improving as the season goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Harsh decision, but, if you jump with your back turned and have your arm out, I always feel they know what they're doing. Make it look like an accident, but know you get away with it usually. And it bit them big time. Would be raging if was given against.

Anyway...players like Ramos, Neymar and Alves out already, delightful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Will never tire at watching PSG come up short. Well done United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Psg were hard done by in the end but fair play to utd. Always like an underdog story even when their own fans dont believe.ahha. utd got te rub of the green in the end and weremt at the races for the majority of the 180 mins but still snuck through. Enjoy it utd fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Ref never played the game and will argue it's a pen all day long, they're not football wired at all. How the hell can that guy remove his arms from that attempted block.

how the hell can a professional footballer jump up and spin like he's part of the russian ballet company?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement