Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction, yellow card

Options
  • 06-03-2019 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Received an infraction and yellow card on Sunday, from 2 different mods for 2 different posts on the Munster team thread in Rugby forum.I'm unable to link the thread but it's on pg 7-9 mobile site- edit: figured it out. Link below.
    I disagree with both and have tried pm'ing both mods; 1 replied and said he won't be communicating further on the topic, and to post here instead and no reply from the other. So,

My post:
    "Keatley is no longer a Munster player and never again will be, so how is this relevant to Munster team talk? I have news about Amorosino that i'm eager to share but since he's not Munster, this is not the place. Open an appreciation thread and wear rose-tinted glasses to your hearts desire..." (posted at 10.00) in response to a post about Keatley.

Another poster in reply to my post:
    "You disliking Keatley doesnt give you the right to tell others what can and can't be discussed." (14:21) I've added this post because of its similarity in time and content to the post immediately after...

Infraction from the Mod zippy 8 mins later:
    "Don't tell other people what they can't discuss on here, and then go on to make further posts discussing your "forbidden topic". Backseat modding is a cardable offence, please refrain from doing so again." (14:29)

The yellow card.

Other poster quoting a post of mine - "Yes. You didn't make that clear at all because it didn't suit you.

I like to talk about rugby. Not waste time insulting players I don't like because I'm not a child."

My reply -
    "Didn't make it clear? I wrote it in the post you replied to...the post where i named his appearances. How clearer could i have been?

Your last few additions to the Munster thread have been an attempted joke; a post you or a mod deleted; a post you got carded for an another attempt at humour. Great contribution!"

Got a yellow from connamara man for being uncivil. I asked how it was uncivil and got no reply.
    Everything in his post to me is false - with an insinuated insult added for good measure - while everything in my post to him was factual.
    He wrote "I like to talk about rugby..." and i countered with his most recent posts to the thread, which were not munster related but fr.ted jokes/quotes. If i could post his quotes, i would, to show that i'm not falsely accusing him.

So, can someone take a quick look at the thread? https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057957948/7

I'm in no rush whatsoever. I'm in no hurry to read or post in the Rugby forum after this but the mod actions and interpretation of the charter were selectively and incorrectly applied imo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Seeing as how you have tried to engage with the mods, I will ask a Sports CMod to look into this.

Please have your PM conversation with the mods ready to share, or post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

I'm on mobile and am not very clever with how to post the actual emails. I can copy/paste but don't know how to do much else. I searched FAQ's to no success.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Defunkd wrote: »
    I'm on mobile and am not very clever with how to post the actual emails. I can copy/paste but don't know how to do much else. I searched FAQ's to no success.

Once a CMod posts here you can forward the PMs to them

Alternatively you can copy and paste here. However given you are disputing two separate cards, it may be better to keep the exchanges with the respective mods separate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sorry for the delay, I've had a busy week. I'll look into it.

If you are able to forward to me or post here any pm's relating to this it would be great, if not, I'll ask the mods and have to take their side as evidence.

To be clear, are you disputing both the recent red and yellow cards?

Thanks.

I'm using the touch/mobile site and there is no function (that i can see) that allows me to forward it, so i'll paste content and supply date, time and name of sender.

Would it be easier to deal with them seperately? I'll post one now and the other when asked.
    3 emails received

Zzippy
    Date: 03/03/2019 | 15:29
    Dear Defunkd,

You have been infracted for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Zzippy

Moderator Note

When you have been warned about something on thread, that is you being given a chance rather than a straight card. Don't throw that chance away by disputing mod action on thread. If you have a problem with a post, report it.

Your post:Quote: Defunkd
    Quote: Zzippy
    Don't tell other people what they can't discuss on here, and then go on to make further posts discussing your "forbidden topic". Backseat modding is a cardable offence, please refrain from doing so again.

Show me where i told anyone what they can or can't talk about? I asked the relevance of posting about a L.I employee in a Munster thread.

And also zippy, you accuse me of backseat modding yet you took your cue from Cookiemunster's post and don't reprimand him for ACTUAL backseat-modding. Can you explain that for me?

Date: 03/03/2019 | 19:14
    Quote: Defunkd
    You ready to reply yet?

What age are you, seriously? I'm out with family and when I get time later and kids are in bed I'll get back to you with a full response.

Date: 03/03/2019 | 21:36
    Quote: Defunkd
    Only interested in when you'll reply, not what you're doing.

OK.

1. Mods are unpaid. We are not online all the time. You expecting an instant reply and PM-ing another mod to complain I "turned off my mail" is rather absurd.

2. You reported another post, which was reviewed and found not to breach the charter. Your earlier post, which was telling people to start another thread, was backseat moderation and was given an on-thread warning, which is the first step in moderation. You were lucky that was all, as there is a zero tolerance policy in effect for the 6N.

3. You disputed that warning on thread, which is a breach of the charter and boards rules. That is a red card and will not be rescinded.

4. Your attitude to other posters on the thread, and indeed to moderators via PM, frankly stinks. I haven't reviewed the rest of the thread yet, but if I were you I would start posting more constructively and in a less dismissive manner. Attack the post not the poster. If in doubt, follow the boards rules and try not to be a dick.

5. I won't be angaging in further correspondence on this infraction. If you wish to dispute it further feel free to start a thread in the Dispute Resolution forum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Defunkd,

Thanks for that.

No problem dealing with them individually.

For the red card, the the post trail in question is:
    Zzippy wrote: »
    Defunkd wrote: »
    Keatley is no longer a Munster player and never again will be, so how is this relevant to Munster team talk? I have news about Amorosino that i'm eager to share but since he's not Munster, this is not the place. Open an appreciation thread and wear rose-tinted glasses to your hearts desire...

Don't tell other people what they can't discuss on here, and then go on to make further posts discussing your "forbidden topic". Backseat modding is a cardable offence, please refrain from doing so again.

To which you replied (and were carded):
    Defunkd wrote:
    Zzippy wrote:
    Show me where i told anyone what they can or can't talk about? I asked the relevance of posting about a L.I employee in a Munster thread.

And also zippy, you accuse me of backseat modding yet you took your cue from Cookiemunster's post and don't reprimand him for ACTUAL backseat-modding. Can you explain that for me?

I'm waiting on the mod to reply to me with their comments and will get back to you as soon as I get that.

Thanks.

Hi Defunkd,

My decision is that I do not see any reason to overturn the red card.

I have looked at this from several angles and conclude the following:

1. Backseat moderation is not allowed, it only drags threads off topic, the mod was correct and lenient to post an on-thread warning to stop.

2. Despite your 'wisdom' that it shouldn't be discussed, you continued to discuss it and in doing so added fuel to the embers you started.

3. Questioning the mod instruction (once) on thread is generally not allowed, your recourse there is to have a PM discussion with the mod.

4. You were sanctioned previously for the exact same thing recently (23-01-2019) so I cannot entertain that you were unaware that it would attract a mod action.

Given the above, the card stands.

Do you also wish to continue and dispute the yellow card?

You may, of course, appeal my ruling.

Will reply tonight.

Any update on how you wish to proceed?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No response for over a month - marking resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement