Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things for Glasnevin newcomer to go to make friends.

Options
  • 06-03-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I plan to move into Glasnevin in the next month or two in order to be able to take up a job, and tbh, I would like to not just be stuck in a rut of going to work and sending the rest of my time at my place.

At least for the sake of keeping my sanity - and, you know, maybe actually meet some new people who aren't just old college friends I'd have to go through huge rounds just to see - I'd like to know what kind of groups, organisations, etc. are around the area that I could fit in an evening or two a week going to.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

harry999 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I plan to move into Glasnevin in the next month or two in order to be able to take up a job, and tbh, I would like to not just be stuck in a rut of going to work and sending the rest of my time at my place.

At least for the sake of keeping my sanity - and, you know, maybe actually meet some new people who aren't just old college friends I'd have to go through huge rounds just to see - I'd like to know what kind of groups, organisations, etc. are around the area that I could fit in an evening or two a week going to.

Thanks

story harry

i'm in finglas just beside glasnevin , single dad of 2 , im 38

im looking at making new friends to go for a pint with or even cinema etc

if you interested just pm me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,413 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pubs...

Autobahn Roadhouse
    Tolka House
    Gravediggers (great friendly pub)

Sports...

DCU (gym and pool, amazing facility) although I think maybe waiting list for membership.

Shops and Cimema...

Omni Park caters for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Political activities are a great way to meet like minded people. Join whichever party is closest to your personal values (or Fianna Fail if you have no values) and get involved in the upcoming elections. They'll have lots of work for everyone in different kinds of roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 diogenes38

Meetup.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement