If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the Diamond 225 speakers still available?

Options
  • 04-12-2018 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

The Wharfdale 225 speakers seem to be scarce?

Thx,
    Thomas

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

parasomnia wrote: »

Thx,
    Thomas
    Hey Parasomnia.

Thanks for the post.

The 225 don't seem to be one that we have stock before unfortunately.

We do stock the 220 which are priced at £119.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200924-wharfedale-diamond-220-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

There is also the 11.1's priced at £209
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202819-wharfedale-diamond-11-1-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Let me know if either of those might suit.

Or if you wanted to change manufacturer how about the Monitor Audio Bronze 2's priced at £249.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12901-monitor-audio-bronze-2-black-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭parasomnia

Thx,
    Thomas
    Hey Parasomnia.

Thanks for the post.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200924-wharfedale-diamond-220-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202819-wharfedale-diamond-11-1-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Or if you wanted to change manufacturer how about the Monitor Audio Bronze 2's priced at £249.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12901-monitor-audio-bronze-2-black-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx
    Hi Kenny,

Thank you for your reply.

I see the 'Q ACOUSTICS 3020 Graphite' are back at £119 up from the £99 of the black Friday madness.

Which of all the selections would be better suited to 'Death/Thrash' metal playback, but a helping of 80's, 90's Indie in the mix too?

regards,
    Thomas.

Thx,
    Thomas
    Hey Parasomnia.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for your reply.

I see the 'Q ACOUSTICS 3020 Graphite' are back at £119 up from the £99 of the black Friday madness.

Which of all the selections would be better suited to 'Death/Thrash' metal playback, but a helping of 80's, 90's Indie in the mix too?

regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas.

It would have to be the Bronze 2's or the Boronze 1's.
    The 1's are priced at £199.00 - I could offer a pair of these to a fellow metal head for £165.00
    For the larger Bronze 2 i could offer them at £210

I believe the Wharfdale 225 were around £249.00

Also the Mission LX2 are also pretty good and got 5 star reviewed in What HiFi priced at £149
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202351-mission-lx2-walnut-walnut-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Hi Kenny,

Thank you again for your reply and suggestions, I initially was simply curious about the 225's and why they seem scarce in shops.

I would love those Bronze 2 for sure, but to be sensible with a limited budget and not to annoy my neighbours with John Tardy's 'soothing' vocals, I think the Mission LX2 would be a good all round choice. Can a sweet 'deal' be sought on these? I would also require perhaps 5M of decent quality cable. I take it these will sound great with the Onkyo 9010?

Regards,
    Thomas.

Hi Kenny,

Thank you again for your reply and suggestions, I initially was simply curious about the 225's and why they seem scarce in shops.

I would love those Bronze 2 for sure, but to be sensible with a limited budget and not to annoy my neighbours with John Tardy's 'soothing' vocals, I think the Mission LX2 would be a good all round choice. Can a sweet 'deal' be sought on these? I would also require perhaps 5M of decent quality cable. I take it these will sound great with the Onkyo 9010?

Regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas.

The LX2 are great speakers in their range. They will run along with the A9010 with no issues at all.

I could offer the LX2's at £130.00 and some of the QED Sivler XT at £4.00 per meter.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-100619-qed-silver-anniversaryxt-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

Total would be £150 delivered.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas.

The LX2 are great speakers in their range. They will run along with the A9010 with no issues at all.

I could offer the LX2's at £130.00 and some of the QED Sivler XT at £4.00 per meter.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-100619-qed-silver-anniversaryxt-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

Hi Kenny,

Great! sign me up!

Regards,
    Thomas.

Hi Kenny,

Regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas.

Hi Kenny,

Great! sign me up!

Regards,
    Thomas.
    Hey Thomas.

Drop us your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call.

Hi Kenny,

I sent my number via PM, no idea if you got it as there is no indication of it in sent messages inbox.

regards,
    Thomas

Hi Kenny,

I sent my number via PM, no idea if you got it as there is no indication of it in sent messages inbox.

regards,
    Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Kenny is off today but I did get your PM, I'll give you a call asap.

Kind regards

David

Hi Kenny,

regards,
    Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks,

David

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

regards,
    Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks,

David
    No problem.

REF MISSION LX2

Guys, do ye have a tracking number for my paid order, given over the phone this past Sat?. Thx Thomas in Limerick.

REF MISSION LX2

Guys, do ye have a tracking number for my paid order, given over the phone this past Sat?. Thx Thomas in Limerick.
    Hi Thomas,

I've just sent you a PM with the tracking number!

Kind regards

David

REF MISSION LX2

Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Kenny/David,

Thank you very much for my recent order. The LX2 sound great and that speaker cable certainly makes the difference!

Enjoy the holidays,

Kind regards,
    Thomas.

REF MISSION LX2

Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Kenny/David,

Thank you very much for my recent order. The LX2 sound great and that speaker cable certainly makes the difference!

Enjoy the holidays,

Kind regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the post!

Glad you're happy with the speakers. If you need anything else please don;t hesitate to drop us a post or a PM.

Have a great Christmas!

David

REF MISSION LX2

Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Kenny/David,

Enjoy the holidays,

Kind regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the post!

Glad you're happy with the speakers. If you need anything else please don;t hesitate to drop us a post or a PM.

Have a great Christmas!

David
    Happy new year Guys!

Now, I think it is time to put to use all those folders of digital audio that I have accumulated over the year's...and the first step into streamer territory, but with the pittance I have left after being fleeced during the hols (15 nephew's/nieces!) let alone my missus, I was looking at the Onkyo NS 6130.

So wondering if the sweetest of new year deals can be accomplished for the seriously cash strapped with the purchase of the NS 6130 + 1x QED PROFILE 1M RCA cable? A price in EUR preferred and can this be done over the phone?

Kindest regards,
    Thomas.

REF MISSION LX2

Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Kenny/David,

Enjoy the holidays,

Kind regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the post!

Have a great Christmas!

David
    Happy new year Guys!

Now, I think it is time to put to use all those folders of digital audio that I have accumulated over the year's...and the first step into streamer territory, but with the pittance I have left after being fleeced during the hols (15 nephew's/nieces!) let alone my missus, I was looking at the Onkyo NS 6130.

So wondering if the sweetest of new year deals can be accomplished for the seriously cash strapped with the purchase of the NS 6130 + 1x QED PROFILE 1M RCA cable? A price in EUR preferred and can this be done over the phone?

Kindest regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you. That is rough!!

I could do you both for 219 euro including shipping!

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

REF MISSION LX2

Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Kenny/David,

Enjoy the holidays,

Kind regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the post!

Have a great Christmas!

David
    Happy new year Guys!

Kindest regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,

Sent PM, maybe we can do that before closing time,

Kind regards

Thomas.

REF MISSION LX2

Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Kenny/David,

Enjoy the holidays,

Kind regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the post!

Have a great Christmas!

David
    Happy new year Guys!

Kindest regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,

Kind regards

Thomas.
    Thanks Thomas.

We will drop you a call ASAP.

REF MISSION LX2

Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Kenny/David,

Enjoy the holidays,

Kind regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the post!

Have a great Christmas!

David
    Happy new year Guys!

Kindest regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,

Kind regards

Thomas.
    Thanks Thomas.

Thanks guys,

can some one call me today, tried ringing 3 times. my number is in the PM

regards,
    Thomas.

• Advertisement

REF MISSION LX2

Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Kenny/David,

Enjoy the holidays,

Kind regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the post!

Have a great Christmas!

David
    Happy new year Guys!

Kindest regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,

Kind regards

Thomas.
    Thanks Thomas.

Thanks guys,

can some one call me today, tried ringing 3 times. my number is in the PM

regards,
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas.

Sorry for the delay it's been very busy here at the store today.

We always try to call all our voice mails back before we close and will get one of my colleagues to call you now.

Hello again guys,

just want to ask if a sweet deal can be got on these AKG k92 Headphones. You're approx 1 pound higher than Amazon and also need 6.99 for ROI shipping - theirs is free. I would rather shop with yerselfs as I have been a happy camper with my other recent purchases. If possible please propose a deal in Euro and I can give ye a call, I am a VIP member too!!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202564-akg-k92-over-ear-closed-back-headphones.aspx

kind regards, Thomas.
    Limerick.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Parasomnia,

thanks for the opportunity to quote!

If you purchase them via Amazon UK for ROI delivery they will change the VAT rate to 23% and charge you £39.93, not the £38.95 that they advertise in the UK ( I've just checked it out ) 

If you purchase them in Euro on our site the Euro price also includes delivery so that would work out better for you - but if you want a Boardie deal - if you purchase a pair of the K92 online at either the Euro the £ price and drop us an email to sales@richersounds.ie we will upgrade you to the Y50 at no extra charge:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200793-akg-y50-black-on-ear-closed-back-mic-headphones.aspx

Thanks again Parasomnia and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John Mc & Crew,

Many thanks for your offer. These Y50 are at 49.95 GBP on amazon, RS @ 69.95 GBP! But are they any good...I was getting the k92 model as a friend of mine recommended them and they are a good price. I don't use a smart phone for music, I would plug headphones into my Onyko amp in my main living room, so I don't need wireless, mic or portable, what I do want is face ripping sonics (within a reasonable price of course) while listening alone mostly to my metal music (Death, Thrash) or the like's of Sonic youth or pavement. I listen to everything from Dylan to Obituary. So closed cups isn't a necessity. If you can recommend an alternate option or think the y50's would do the job (in red or yellow if possible) let me know..In the past it was always Sennheiser for me but open to a change.

Cheers
    Thomas

Hi John Mc & Crew,

Many thanks for your offer. These Y50 are at 49.95 GBP on amazon, RS @ 69.95 GBP! But are they any good...I was getting the k92 model as a friend of mine recommended them and they are a good price. I don't use a smart phone for music, I would plug headphones into my Onyko amp in my main living room, so I don't need wireless, mic or portable, what I do want is face ripping sonics (within a reasonable price of course) while listening alone mostly to my metal music (Death, Thrash) or the like's of Sonic youth or pavement. I listen to everything from Dylan to Obituary. So closed cups isn't a necessity. If you can recommend an alternate option or think the y50's would do the job (in red or yellow if possible) let me know..In the past it was always Sennheiser for me but open to a change.

Cheers
    Thomas
    Hi Parasomnia.

The K92 are pretty good but I prefer the Y50.
    We only stock the Y50's in the Black finish.

The Y50 would be the better of the 2 pairs and have a better quality of audio.

If purchased via Amazon the AKG Y50 go up to £51.19 with free shipping to the South Of Ireland.
    I could offer to beat this price by £5. Making them £46.19 Delivered with ourselves.

Cheapest Sennheisers at the moment would be the Momentum 2.0 (Wired) priced at up at £134.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201271-sennheiser-momentum-2-0-black-over-ear-closed-back-mic-headphones.aspx

I do also have an open box pair of these (Momentum 2.0) that were a mail order return. Never used. I could clear these at £115 with free shipping.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Not sure if my earlier post was unclear but I was offering the Y50 at the same price as the K92 - ie Y50 = £39.95 + Shipping or €49.99 including shipping which is cheaper than any Amazon price?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks guys for your feedback and yes John I understood your kind offer of the y50 upgrade for the k92 price.

As of now and after some feedback from other's I have decided on the Shure SRH840-E. I can get a respectable price on these and from what I understand will be more than what I'm looking for. I see on the RS Ireland site the higher and out of my budget range shure is only available. Anyway, if you guys can order and match/better Amazon's price on the above model if possible?

Also looking to get a Marantz 6006, I see yer new Marantz poat. I got a chance last Xmas to hear the uk version @ Savins and later the regular version a friend bought. Seriously they both sound great from my memory and if pushed would like the UK one as it is a SE. Any thoughts welcome,

cheers
    Thomas.

Thanks guys for your feedback and yes John I understood your kind offer of the y50 upgrade for the k92 price.

As of now and after some feedback from other's I have decided on the Shure SRH840-E. I can get a respectable price on these and from what I understand will be more than what I'm looking for. I see on the RS Ireland site the higher and out of my budget range shure is only available. Anyway, if you guys can order and match/better Amazon's price on the above model if possible?

Also looking to get a Marantz 6006, I see yer new Marantz poat. I got a chance last Xmas to hear the uk version @ Savins and later the regular version a friend bought. Seriously they both sound great from my memory and if pushed would like the UK one as it is a SE. Any thoughts welcome,

cheers
    Thomas.
    Hi Parasomnia.

Unfortunately the Shure SRH840-E are not ones that we stock and would be unable to ordered them in.
    They are not even on our special order list.

I have replied about the CD6006SE over on the Marantz thread you also posted on. 

Any questions please let me know.

Any UK CD6006 On offer? thanks.
    Hi Parasomnia.

Unfortunately we only have Brand New Boxed ones of the CD6006SE UK.

Currently priced at £329. I could squeeze one down to £316 delivered for you.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202930-marantz-cd6006-uk-edition-award-winning-cd-player.aspx
    Thanks Kenny,

Going to have a mull and think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi,

I've left your query about the Marantz open in another thread and I'm closing this thread - it's better to keep open queries in one thread.

Cheers,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.