Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hot take: Multiculturalism is good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Auntie Semite

A 'hot take' from France a couple of days ago...the joys of Multiculturalism.

Girl of 5 approached by two Muslim men.

"You want my d**k in your p**sy?

"Its fine, I'm gonna f**k you, stop crying"

Screen-Shot.png

French authorities attempted to suppress the sharing of the video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

“Zzzzzzzzz. Cringe.”

I, for one, am not happy with these as arguments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

A 'hot take' from France a couple of days ago...the joys of Multiculturalism.

Girl of 5 approached by two Muslim men.

"You want my d**k in your p**sy?

"Its fine, I'm gonna f**k you, stop crying"

Screen-Shot.png

French authorities attempted to suppress the sharing of the video

I seen the video of this, is the translation correct?

I seen the video of this, is the translation correct?

From what I have read it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Nope. Derives from three years in an actual university. Im more qualified than you. Better accept that. Otherwise you might go around thinking the Dark Ages as painted by Horrible Histories was real

Cringe for the Irish university system.

You may have gone to university doing a soft degree with low entry requirements - you previously said you were an engineer which was extremely hard to believe - but even the fairly low level of intellect that’s required for most non stem courses isn’t evident from your posts. Maybe try prove your credentials by writing above the level of a 12 year old?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Nope. Work in a powerplant, giving power to over 230,000 homes.

You Back to the warehouse on monday?

Wait...A 23 year old who has 3 years university experience and works in a powerplant.
    I presume you are the fellow that answers the phone when I press the buzzer and opens the gate to let me in.

Sweden has experienced many benefits from Multiculturalism

About 58% of men convicted in Sweden of rape and attempted rape over the past five years were born abroad, according to data from Swedish national TV
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45269764

Denmark too...

10 ud af 12 overfaldsvoldtægter begås af indvandrere eller efterkommerehttps
    ://www.bt.dk/voldtaget/unik-optaelling-10-ud-af-12-overfaldsvoldtaegter-begaas-af-indvandrere-eller

'10 out of 12 assault rapes are committed by immigrants or descendants"

Those are very racist facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Those are very racist facts.

Facts don't care about your feelings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Look up apostacy OP and get back to me about how it’s multicultural if you can join but not leave a certain group.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭corminators

I'd say UK is in serious trouble. Something small such as a crackdown on knife crime could see nationwide riots like the 2011 one in London.
    Look up apostacy OP and get back to me about how it’s multicultural if you can join but not leave a certain group.
    Also, check out Apostate Prophet's youtube channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

Incident in Monaghan in the last few days.

https://twitter.com/alomohan/status/1110930376627769345

Thought it might be a training exercise but the Garda Ombudsman confirms the Armed Response Unit were called

https://www.northernsound.ie/garda-ombudsman-investigating-incident-monaghan-town/

Hard to know what went on but very worrying and even more so that it hasn't seemed to feature in the Media

Surely an incident featuring the Armed Response Unit would get some kind of airtime?

Thought it might be a training exercise but the Garda Ombudsman confirms the Armed Response Unit were called

https://www.northernsound.ie/garda-ombudsman-investigating-incident-monaghan-town/

Hard to know what went on but very worrying and even more so that it hasn't seemed to feature in the Media

Surely an incident featuring the Armed Response Unit would get some kind of airtime?

That's some getup he's wearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Nope. Derives from three years in an actual university. Im more qualified than you. Better accept that. Otherwise you might go around thinking the Dark Ages as painted by Horrible Histories was real

Rflol. Do you really think so ....
    Good man keep up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

That's some getup he's wearing.

Kinda looks like a wedding dress!

Google Maps shows a couple of Kebab Houses across the street, maybe it was a raid.

Unfortunately, a sign of the times, it happens too often these days to be newsworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Kinda looks like a wedding dress!

Google Maps shows a couple of Kebab Houses across the street, maybe it was a raid.

The food safety authority are not to be messed with. The may even close YOU down personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

topper75 wrote: »
    The food safety authority are not to be messed with. The may even close YOU down personally.

I dont think they're Food Safety Authority lads, i reckon they are Armed Support Units.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Well its not difficult now is it ?
    What with your 3 year university education and poorly researched rants on a complex subject you failed to understand because you have no practical experience in the real world.

Back to the university of life with you kid

Ah yes. The 'real world'

You make me cringe. I know real people in real life who are successful and its not a coincidence that they dont obsess about multiculturalism. Nor do they blame foreigners for their sh*t lives.

Its really not a coincidence that the only people you'll see banging on about the 'real world' and the 'truth' are actually just failures in life. Society has left them behind. So they can only blame other people.

Take rowan croft for example: A 50 year old man whose company tanked and he now lives in his mom's shed. What does he do next? Become a 'right wing patriot'

Its a predictable system really. Btw I work a job 100% more important than yours. Dont give me crap about 'the real world' because if you told people that in REAL LIFE we'd cringe at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

I know real people in real life who are successful and its not a coincidence that they dont obsess about multiculturalism.

Sez the thread starter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Not to drag things off-topic, but armed guards on the streets of a border county was fairly normal a while back. Point being, don't underestimate the impact of mass media on making things feel worse than they are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Btw I work a job 100% more important than yours.
    Are you 12? Seriously?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Are you 12? Seriously?

He's the low testosterone version of Johnny Flash.

Sez the thread starter :D

:D

Its true though. Have you seen that Irexit conference? There was not a single person there you could construe as successful and happy.

It seems being bitter and rejected comes with hating other people. Who knew.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Are you 12? Seriously?

No. Im 23 and probably more successful than most people in afterhours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

No. Im 23 and probably more successful than most people in afterhours.

Pffft* The only way that could be even remotely true, would be if all the conspiracy theories are real ...and George Soros is in fact paying you a ridiculous per post rate to drive common sense from the internet with the power of autism....
    :pac:

conorhal wrote: »
    Pffft* The only way that could be even remotely true, would be if all the conspiracy theories are real ...and George Soros is in fact paying you a ridiculous per post rate to drive common sense from the internet with the power of autism....
    :pac:

Im a normal guy. I come to afterhours to give a bit of realness to the forum. Its too full of old men and peoppe who browse 4chan too much.

Its funny how you say its ‘autism’ when its really just a functioning member of society with formal education speaking to mostly bitter old men.

But you know, keep the insults coming i guess. Ill cry over it with my friends and girlfriend at the bar later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Its a predictable system really. Btw I work a job 100% more important than yours. Dont give me crap about 'the real world' because if you told people that in REAL LIFE we'd cringe at you.

TBH I'd say if you said that to someone in real life it's you that people would be cringing at.

You're a young fella who is 23 and according to yourself you spent a few years in college so it would be interesting to know what this big important job is that you have is that is better than the jobs most of the people on the site have.

• Advertisement

Its true though. Have you seen that Irexit conference? There was not a single person there you could construe as successful and happy.

No, I haven't seen it. Too successful and happy to be directing my energies in that manner.

You've seen it, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Multiculturalism is a product of neoliberalism in the modern era or imperialism in previous periods.

In the modern West, neoliberalism and multiculturalism will rise or fall together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Im a normal guy. I come to afterhours to give a bit of realness to the forum. Its too full of old men and peoppe who browse 4chan too much.

Its funny how you say its ‘autism’ when its really just a functioning member of society with formal education speaking to mostly bitter old men.

But you know, keep the insults coming i guess. Ill cry over it with my friends and girlfriend at the bar later.

Your Lordship is protesting too much.

• To be honest it depends on the culture. People from south america tend to be very friendly and easy to talk to, chinese people are incredibly hard working, people from europe integrate very easily, but people from muslim majority countries like Pakistan and other middle eastern countries create huge problems where ever they go because they dont integrate and they think that they are better than everybody around them, you can see what happened in Sweden and UK. So it depends on the culture, also it depends how many?! Look at a country like China, there is a reason why they limit immigration because they see whats happening in the west, how it divides the people here, how news organisaton are having a field day with the topic of racism

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

Danzy wrote: »
    Your Lordship is protesting too much.

e23dc9126efd98b3eb258b186a66703f.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Ah yes. The 'real world'

You make me cringe. I know real people in real life

Lol You work a job do you ? Its so important that you have time to come on here and embarrass your self ?

So what do I do that is 100% less important that what you pretend to do ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

We'll see how smart you are when I run ye over in me mobility scooter. And yes, I'll reverse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Reactionary types beware: Multiculturalism is defined as the spread of people and ideas.

Yep. No to new people and new ideas. They're not local.

Thread went as expected.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Thread went as expected.

Poland appeared to be fairly against the idea of 'new people and ideas' during the second world war. They were invaded anyway. Did that make them bad?

Btw the definition of 'multiculturism' has already been detailed in the thread - And it's not what the OP thinks it is either, funnily enough ...

Thread went as expected.

As did the usual suspects.

How depressing a place was Ireland to live in the 90s?

Usually that decade is spoken much more positively in the US and the UK than it is here.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Early 90's had high unemployment, but late 90's the place was seriously on the up. USA94 and/or Riverdance were like the pivotal moments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Trump Is Right

Thread went as expected.

Typical snobbish Irish progressive mentality...

Your typical progressive Irish person is so desperate to have their mind enlightened by clever and exotic foreigners, that they will literally embrace anything and everything that is different... just because it's different... :rolleyes:

Because in their warped little skulls, different always = better. And embracing something different, makes them so much more advanced and sophisticated. :pac:

Like the Swedes... probably thought the rest of the world would fawn over them for being so open and enlightened in their thinking. But in reality, the smart and sensible people in society just pity them for being so naive and gullible!

It's the same with progressives on this Island... you are not advanced and sophisticated, for being so quick to embrace everything and anything that is exotic and different irrespective of what it is or what damage it might cause... you are just naive and gullible. Just like those Swedes! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭tritriagain

It seems being bitter and rejected comes with hating other people. Who knew.
    Just happened on this thread and seems to me you're good at preaching tolerance but not so good at practicing it with regards to differing opinions. On another note you also come across as a spoiled brat. Not everyone gets the same opportunity or luck in life. Tolerance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Thread went as expected.

Typical snobbish Irish progressive mentality...

Your typical progressive Irish person is so desperate to have their mind enlightened by clever and exotic foreigners, that they will literally embrace anything and everything that is different... just because it's different... :rolleyes:

Strawman argument for a start. Read the actual argument made next time...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Trump Is Right

Nope. It wasn't... but nice try! :)

Nope. It wasn't... but nice try! :)

So... You actually think I wrote the words 'everything new is automatically good'...?

Either it's a strawman are you can't read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

While I think multicultural environments are good in many ways, we have to draw the line at minority cultures setting the agenda for everybody. For example cancelling Christmas and Easter in schools, banning non halal meat products and pork from school meals. Halal slaughter is especially cruel on animals. And banning LGBT diversity lectures so as not to offend Muslim kids needs to be stopped at source. These things are wrong and it needs to be said in Ireland a lot more because in 10 years time it will be too late.

While I think multicultural environments are good in many ways, we have to draw the line at minority cultures setting the agenda for everybody. For example cancelling Christmas and Easter in schools, banning non halal meat products and pork from school meals. Halal slaughter is especially cruel on animals. And banning LBGT diversity lectures so as not to offend Muslim kids needs to be stopped at source. These things are wrong and it needs to be said in Ireland a lot more because in 10 years time it will be too late.

Yes. Now is the time to speak up, not when we have idiotically made all the mistakes that other countries have made, and are making.

This topic of another thread current here, clearly demonstrates the pace and rate of change. Twelve years ago, the Gardai rejected introducing the turban, partly informed by feedback from British police forces who had already done so, but who by then were wishing they could turn the clock back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yes. Now is the time to speak up, not when we have idiotically made all the mistakes that other countries have made, and are making.

This topic of another thread current here, clearly demonstrates the pace and rate of change. Twelve years ago, the Gardai rejected introducing the turban, partly informed by feedback from British police forces who had already done so, but who by then were wishing they could turn the clock back.

You've some source for that? I don't recall it being mentioned.

Odhinn wrote: »
    You've some source for that? I don't recall it being mentioned.

Yes, I came across it by chance when I was looking for something else in relation to the Garda/turban thread.

I didn't recall it myself.
    An Garda Síochána sought the advice of UK police forces and met with representatives of the approximately 1,000-strong Sikh community in Ireland before deciding that Sikh gardaí in Ireland would not wear a turban, Garda Commissioner Noel Conroy said last night.

"We consulted widely on the matter," he said.

Speaking at the Humbert School, he also said that some UK police forces which permit uniformed Sikh colleagues to wear the turban had told Garda representatives that "if they could put the clock backwards they would like to".

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/garda-consulted-widely-on-turban-1.958135

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Lol You work a job do you ? Its so important that you have time to come on here and embarrass your self ?

So what do I do that is 100% less important that what you pretend to do ?

? The only thing embarassing here are the obviously bitter people with a chip on their shoulders.

Lets face it, you're all docile men. You couldn't do this talk of hating immigrants in real life because you'd be shunned.

World is changing, and old men keep dying. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement