Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Max1 projector phone direct from Blackview works out about 350 via revolut

• 07-03-2019 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

I posted the Samsung galaxy beam years ago when carphone warehouse had them reduced to 150 and I have to say it was a bargain, the phone is still around . So when I saw this I got v excited, when I looked it up on AliExpress its priced between 529 and 440 dollars, but if you order it direct from the blackview website it's in dollars and with exchange comes in about 350 .
    The specs sound amazing and it's featured on hukd but I have no idea how good it is, apart from the reviews on YouTube.
    It's preorder price till the 10 march then goes up.
    http://promo.blackview.hk/blackview-max-1-phone-projector/?lang=en

Comments

How are you gonna sit there and flick through stuff on your phone during a movie, when your phone is being used as a projector? :D

In all serious, I really can't see how there aren't better solutions to virtually every scenario they say you could use this phone for. This would definitely fall into the 'buying something just because it's (possibly) a bargain' category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Basil3 wrote: »
    This would definitely fall into the 'buying something just because it's (possibly) a bargain' category.

Welcome to BA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

How are you gonna sit there and flick through stuff on your phone during a movie, when your phone is being used as a projector? :D
    In all serious, I really can't see how there aren't better solutions to virtually every scenario they say you could use this phone for. This would definitely fall into the 'buying something just because it's (possibly) a bargain' category.

Maybe just watch a movie projected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

just an update: Aliexpress now has this phone for 252 euro free shipping.
    i loved it. just waiting on a replacement screen from blackview at the moment to see can i get mine working again. it is working , just the phone touch screen is dead, due to someone having dropped it without a proper protective case on it.
    So if you do go for it, make sure you get a good strong protective case for it too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32970584787.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2e4d124ab4CsJP&algo_pvid=0c6b6a66-c06c-4b6e-8c59-8f53e2f76aa1&algo_expid=0c6b6a66-c06c-4b6e-8c59-8f53e2f76aa1-7&btsid=a85c25c9-f615-49bb-843b-e6206f00da6f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_8%2Csearchweb201603_52

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Swiss knife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That's pretty funky! How good is the projector function? Can't find a good demo online

the one i got , was great ! storage and resolution and vanilla android and having had a galaxy beam even though it was 6 years ago was good , but this was better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've a Blackview BV9500 Pro which is going great so far, the camera is kinda crappy, but everything else is going great so I'd be happy ordering another blackview phone again, but I just can't imagine the projection from something so small being any way comparable to a stand alone projector? I assume you need pretty much full darkness to see the projection well? Stand alone projectors always seem to run and cool with a constant fan, how does the phone handle this? Does it heat up a lot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

gmisk wrote: »
    That's pretty funky! How good is the projector function? Can't find a good demo online

JerryRigEverything on Youtube gave it a good review:

Anyone buy one from AliExpress? Was there a customs charge if so how much? Going away soon and the electricity situation is not the best so watching anything on TV is not great so this might be handy for a movie or two.

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone buy one from AliExpress? Was there a customs charge if so how much? Going away soon and the electricity situation is not the best so watching anything on TV is not great so this might be handy for a movie or two.

Didn't buy this but some of the reviews said they received it no extras to pay.
    Have used AliExpress and everything so far has arrived grand, no extra charges.

cormie wrote: »
    I've a Blackview BV9500 Pro which is going great so far, the camera is kinda crappy, but everything else is going great so I'd be happy ordering another blackview phone again, but I just can't imagine the projection from something so small being any way comparable to a stand alone projector? I assume you need pretty much full darkness to see the projection well? Stand alone projectors always seem to run and cool with a constant fan, how does the phone handle this? Does it heat up a lot?

Yes needs to be very dark but as someone else said ideal for when you're out and about at night
    The one I had did not heat up excessively but it's handiest with a mini tripod which are in the euro shops at the moment.

Ordered one last night. Shipped this morning. Hopefully there are no customs etc.

I am travelling to few Asian countries for a couple of months , some where there is no electricity half of the time, so projector will come in handy when bored as will put a few movies on it. Other than the projector feature, its not a bad phone specs wise at this price level. 250e.

maybe order a good solar charger while youre at it

gussieg wrote: »
    maybe order a good solar charger while youre at it

Would have been a good idea but the places I am going are between 4-10 degrees day time so doubt there will be any sun.

I wonder what the longevity of this is? Projectors usually have fans to keep them cool, but I guess this doesn't even though it's still emitting a daycent amount of light?

its 50 lumens max so no more than a phone torch really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was toyng with buying one on aliexpress. When I hover over the buy now or add to cart buttons I get a pop up saying "please provide the missing information first"

I have an account with aliexpress but never bought anything. Am I missing something pretty obvious?

I was toyng with buying one on aliexpress. When I hover over the buy now or add to cart buttons I get a pop up saying "please provide the missing information first"

I have an account with aliexpress but never bought anything. Am I missing something pretty obvious?
    Could be saving you from yourself ! I tried to get one more but tripped up on the revolut end.
    Maybe your card details or address need updating?

You might have not selected the bundle type / ship country.

• Advertisement

Could be saving you from yourself ! I tried to get one more but tripped up on the revolut end.
    Maybe your card details or address need updating?

Revolut never works for me on this site. Always just use my card but mostly just buy a bunch of cheap stuff.

Cheers folks. Seems I hadn't set up Alipay. Did give me time to pause for reflection though :)

Now not so sure.
    I like the idea of the projector but thinking now I might just go with one of those portable jobs that have bluetooth and wifi. Not much bigger than a phone and I dont need another phone anyway at the minute.

i would have said the same only those are half the resolution of this and now the price has dropped again...

225 now, paid 252 for mine. Should have waited.

I got it at this price started same time as amazon prime sale now to see is does it arrive happy. Mind you the price I paid for the first one I should have three of them . One for me one for the kids one for

Still tempted, but just thinking about it being 50 lumens compared to other projectors being like 3,000, that's a huge difference :o

Any coupon codes for ali express?

Yes, about 2.50 off. But at this price with these specs as a mini portable SILENT projector it really blows all those other mini dlp projectors out of the water, except maybe the high end ones, I haven't seen them.ie Sony Aaxa LG - these are currently way more expensive. downside :tethering is tricky From this phone and it has no 3.5mm jack space.

What do you mean tethering is tricky?

It's such a pity about the 3.5 jack, especially considering it's a projector and Audio connectivity should be a big part of that. How can you hook it up to speakers without bluetooth?

i got two usbc to 3.5 mm adaptors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Do I need one of these?

i got two usbc to 3.5 mm adaptors

Cool, I guess that means you can't use it while charging though :o

For anyone ordering from Aliexpress. There will be customs on this.

thanks for that. mine is in clearance at the moment, how much? and was it dhl that delivered? they seem to always get the customs

thanks for that. mine is in clearance at the moment, how much? and was it dhl that delivered? they seem to always get the customs

An Post. 67.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

An Post. 67.99.

S**t, that's steep enuf, did u get a opportunity to try it out yet? Any chance of a mini review? I'm sooo tempted by this, if I thought i cud get away with customs I'd go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

cormie wrote: »
    Cool, I guess that means you can't use it while charging though :o

Nope, you can get adapters that allow charging and audio.

damn! when i got it full price, the customs was 45
    and full price then was 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I hadn't noticed this thread, and a friend of mine has asked me to look for something similar, The Moto Z range with addon or this.
    It is available from Sunsky and Teknistore for around €270 + shipping and VAT.
    Sunsky + DHL Express (2-4 working days delivery) = €283 + VAT €65 + DHL Handling (€15) = €363 TOTAL
    There is a choice of shipping with them, and you could try PostNL, Royal Mail or Singapore Post and hope that it doesn't get stopped using those. Even if it did get stopped, it would still be a bit cheaper than DHL.
    Or
    Teknistore + Standard Shipping (6-10 days) = €273 + VAT €63 + Handling €12 = €348 TOTAL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭paddy19

Techradar gave a generally positive 4 star review and call Blackview " one of our favorite rugged smartphone makers "...

"The Max 1, for all its issues, is a very capable, modern, up-to-date smartphone that happens to feature an equally capable MEMS laser projector. Its general performance is solidly average, but with 6GB of RAM and 64GB on-board storage, it has more than a couple of years left in terms of hardware life expectancy."

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/blackview-max-1-projector-smartphone

found a review last night of a sony pico projector that was developed and or built by microvision , these are the same crowd that developed the MAX 1
    still waiting for the new one and screen to arrive, very slow over there must be the revolution , yet the MAX 1 is still there updating and beeping away despite having a dead screen.

Cant access the memory via usb either as it has a screen lock on, even though the fingerprint scanner on the back is working .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

JerryRigEverything on Youtube gave it a good review:

Wtf did he scratch the bejaysus out of it for!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Destructive testing.

A friend of mine used to do it for a living, great job. He used to drop servers off a forklift to see what their impact tolerance was.

vargoo wrote: »
    Wtf did he scratch the bejaysus out of it for!?

4m subs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

Anyone have any good recommendations on a decent standalone projector that could be used with your phone ?

Joekers wrote: »
    Anyone have any good recommendations on a decent standalone projector that could be used with your phone ?
    depends on your phone. I got a Samsung galaxy s5 that works with HDmi out. Other than that there are many 480 resolution mini projectors but the excelvan yg300 for 25 euro has worked for over 3 years, and it fits in the glove box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Chromcast I guess would be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

It's for work meetings etc just instead of having to have a laptop to use a projector just one that could be handy to use with the phone, phone does have a hdmi output.

Looking for a cheap but decent lumen output.

Just opened and gave it a go for a few mins...

Have to say much better than I expected. I was getting excellent quality at 60-70" screen that too with day light coming through curtains and acceptable quality at 200" again with daylight coming through.

The speakers are not bad either, will do the job of your using in bedroom etc where theres no noise etc. If using in living room with more people, I highly suggest the Anker Soundcore 2 speakers which have a 12 hour battery life and are very good sound wise also.

I just used it with Youtube videos. 1080p at 60-70" was perfect quality with daylight coming in.

The software is a bit laggy but not too bad.

Will give it a go at night when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

Just opened and gave it a go for a few mins...

Have to say much better than I expected. I was getting excellent quality at 60-70" screen that too with day light coming through curtains and acceptable quality at 200" again with daylight coming through.

The speakers are not bad either, will do the job of your using in bedroom etc where theres no noise etc. If using in living room with more people, I highly suggest the Anker Soundcore 2 speakers which have a 12 hour battery life and are very good sound wise also.

I just used it with Youtube videos. 1080p at 60-70" was perfect quality with daylight coming in.

The software is a bit laggy but not too bad.

Will give it a go at night when I get a chance.

Thanks for the update, I’m still on the fence about this and the bloody thing is after going up in price on AliExpress now!!
    Don’t suppose there’s any way to hook this up to a PS4? Probably not! Still very tempted by the silent running, battery life and mobility of this gadget!

Joekers wrote: »

As per earlier in the thread, I nearly pulled the trigger on the max 1 but figured I didnt need a phone (have a note 9) so I went with this https://www.lg.com/pa_en/projectors/lg-PH550G

Got it for £300 a couple of days before prime day. Think it dropped to 280 or so but it's gone up now. Very impressed. I have it on holidays with me. Watching stuff on a nice 100" screen straight to a white wall. Very impressed. It's about the size of a small book. Edit just to say i have it up over 150" now with no issue.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement