Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distribution boards

Options
  • 07-03-2019 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I was just wondering.. are distribution boards supposed to be flush mounted on walls or surface mounted? I am getting a house re-wired and the board is surface mounted which means the cables going into it are surface mounted with a kind of box around them. It looks untidy if nothing else.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

john886 wrote: »
    I was just wondering.. are distribution boards supposed to be flush mounted on walls or surface mounted?

Both arrangements are permitted.
    I am getting a house re-wired and the board is surface mounted which means the cables going into it are surface mounted with a kind of box around them. It looks untidy if nothing else.

This can be done quite neatly. The cables can be chased into the wall so that no trunking (the box you refer to) is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

here we have the fuse board fitted in the master bedroom wardrobe on a hight of 1.80 metre
    only other thing they had to do was fitting a main switch in the esb cabinet so in case of emergency the could switch off the power outside
    is done ten years ago , don't know if that's still allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

here we have the fuse board fitted in the master bedroom wardrobe on a hight of 1.80 metre
    only other thing they had to do was fitting a main switch in the esb cabinet so in case of emergency the could switch off the power outside
    is done ten years ago , don't know if that's still allowed

It’s not permitted for a distribution board to be installed in a wardrobe.(and never was).if a rec works on this db he’s obliged to issue a notice of potential hazard

Advertisement