Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company formation companies

Options
  • 07-03-2019 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to setup a limited company with my wife for an eCommerce side business. We would like to use a company formation service so we can focus the actual business. I see lots of results in Google for companies that setup everything for you at very low rates.

Just wondering is there anything in particular i should look out for when comparing the packages they offer ?

Interested to hear of anyone's experience with using a service like this.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you are considering getting the services of an accountant to look after your taxes, annual returns etc I would just get them to do it for you. There is very little paperwork involved to be bothering with a formation company to be honest, especially if you are going to require an accountant anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

grahamor wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to setup a limited company with my wife for an eCommerce side business. We would like to use a company formation service so we can focus the actual business. I see lots of results in Google for companies that setup everything for you at very low rates.

Just wondering is there anything in particular i should look out for when comparing the packages they offer ?

Interested to hear of anyone's experience with using a service like this.

Thanks

Sent you a pm there. I used a company to do it and it was relatively smooth, except for them getting the company name wrong. some companies provide a pack with all the statutory things like a seal and a register. But others dont, so keep an eye out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Sent you a pm there. I used a company to do it and it was relatively smooth, except for them getting the company name wrong. some companies provide a pack with all the statutory things like a seal and a register. But others dont, so keep an eye out for that.
    Hi Its a little off topic but is there somewhere you can buy a Company Register?

I have asked a company formations crowd to sell me one but they wont unless they do the work themselves.

I'm looking to get a company up to date with registers of directors and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭ebbsy

A lot of accountants will farm this work out to an actual formation company.

jcon1913 wrote: »
    Hi Its a little off topic but is there somewhere you can buy a Company Register?

I have asked a company formations crowd to sell me one but they wont unless they do the work themselves.

I'm looking to get a company up to date with registers of directors and so forth.

I bought a seal off McGrath when I set up. They also stock books, but I havent bought one. I assume they are ok.

https://www.mcgrathseals.ie/product/company-register-book-minute-book/

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »
    A lot of accountants will farm this work out to an actual formation company.

And vice versa in my experience. Either way its peace of mind to have a professional doing it. I used a website to create all the documentation myself. I had it checked over by a friend but it was incorrect. Something around the secretary/director. So went with a company in the end.

FYI CRO dont issue out physical certificates any more, but digitally signed pdfs now. Ran into an issue when AIB asked to see the original physical cert.

Advertisement