Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex education in schools!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭victor8600

Midster wrote: »
    THOSE THAT WANT TO DO IT

ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DO IT

Sh, sh, don't get too excited. A not long time ago there were misconceptions about masturbation, such as that it causes blindness and hairy palms. It does not, by the way!

So the education is needed to dispel the myths and to provide some general safety guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Midster

Why would you not want to discuss it, as part of a programme of sex education? What specifically is your problem with discussing it?

Sure who needs schools anyway? Let's get kids to teach each other everything. What could possibly go wrong?

So who the hell do you think taught you about sex, and your parents, there parents and so on.

You don’t have to teach kids every little detail about life, they will learn themselves, and from each other. We have been doing that quite effectively since we were little monkeys.

And there are 7.5 billion of us on earth now.

The teachings that are needed are in contraceptives, and not to have sex with stupidly drunk or drugged up people, what no means and how much trouble you can get yourself into for ignoring that word.

Teach that, don’t waste teaching time in schools by teaching them what they either know already, or will find out in the near future.

victor8600 wrote: »
    Sh, sh, don't get too excited. A not long time ago there were misconceptions about masturbation, such as that it causes blindness and hairy palms. It does not, by the way!

So the education is needed to dispel the myths and to provide some general safety guidelines.

Wear safety goggles. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So who the hell do you think taught you about sex, and your parents, there parents and so on.

You don’t have to teach kids every little detail about life, they will learn themselves, and from each other. We have been doing that quite effectively since we were little monkeys.

The teachings that are needed are in contraceptives, and not to have sex with stupidly drunk or drugged up people, what no means and how much trouble you can get yourself into for ignoring that word.

Teach that, don’t waste teaching time in schools by teaching them what they either know already, or will find out in the near future.

Again - go find out what is on the syallabus! This is most of that is being proposed!

(As for wasteing time in schools.... that is a whole new argument!)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Again - go find out what is on the syallabus! This is most of that is being proposed!

(As for wasteing time in schools.... that is a whole new argument!)

The main argument

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,126 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I was first taught by a lad called Michael Gill who sat beside me in 3rd class. Almost everything he told me was wrong, but it took me quite a few years to work that out. I was taught more by another lad who kept trying to feel me up in 5th class. I got kicked out of class for my reaction to him.

Wouldn't it have been great if I could have gotten actual facts from a credible source, along with perhaps good guidance as to what to do when someone tries to feel you up?

Why are you so afraid of simple education on sexual matters?

I was first taught by a lad called Michael Gill who sat beside me in 3rd class. Almost everything he told me was wrong, but it took me quite a few years to work that out. I was taught more by another lad who kept trying to feel me up in 5th class. I got kicked out of class for my reaction to him.

Wouldn't it have been great if I could have gotten actual facts from a credible source, along with perhaps good guidance as to what to do when someone tries to feel you up?

I’m not afraid, I just think it’s a complete waste of time and money for everyone involved, both students and teachers.

And what the hell was you being taught by the first guy that was wrong anyway? Sex is very simple really, there’s no real trick to it once you know what buttons to be pressing, and what ones to stay well away from. Lol. Experimenting and getting things wrong at first is all part of growing up.

So let’s give these kids a super duper education on sex, perhaps have a few mechanical vaginas and a couple of dildos in class so they can be further traumatised by the whole ideal.

Are you CRAZY?

Kids will figure this stuff out.

As for you being felt up all those years ago, yes an education on welcome touching and unwelcome would be good for everyone.

But to give strong detail to kids about the act of sex itself, the ins and outs. Completely and utterly unnecessary. Let these kids find out themselves, while giving them caution on early pregnancies, contraceptives, and the word NO

I’m not afraid, I just think it’s a complete waste of time and money for everyone involved, both students and teachers.

And what the hell was you being taught by the first guy that was wrong anyway? Sex is very simple really, there’s no real trick to it once you know what buttons to be pressing, and what ones to stay well away from. Lol. Experimenting and getting things wrong at first is all part of growing up.

So let’s give these kids a super duper education on sex, perhaps have a few mechanical vaginas and a couple of dildos in class so they can be further traumatised by the whole ideal.

Are you CRAZY?

Kids will figure this stuff out.

As for you being felt up all those years ago, yes an education on welcome touching and unwelcome would be good for everyone.

But to give strong detail to kids about the act of sex itself, the ins and outs. Completely and utterly unnecessary. Let these kids find out themselves, while giving them caution on early pregnancies, contraceptives, and the word NO

Fascinating to see how many people who were quite happy to see children spending endless hours on fictional religion are suddenly worried about the 'waste of time' in schools.

And fascinating to see how people have to build up fictional strawman arguments (mechanical vaginas and dildos) to be able to say how crazy they are.

It's just part of life - age-appropriate sex education is educating people for a fairly important part of their future lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭FeirmeoirtTed

My problem with introducing it across the board is that children mature at very different rates many children would be very uncomfortable talking with their peers and teacher about masturbation, many children would be very innocent in their knowledge of sexual matters, why introduce this to prepubescent children???? Children can still learn all about masturbation and all things sexual from their primary educator who is their parent who is more in tune with their level of maturity. I emphatise with your above story there but school is a million miles away from that reality today children are taught about good and bad touches in early primary school. They are taught what to do if they ever happened and teachers are trained on how to report such instances.

Fascinating to see how many people who were quite happy to see children spending endless hours on fictional religion are suddenly worried about the 'waste of time' in schools.

And fascinating to see how people have to build up fictional strawman arguments (mechanical vaginas and dildos) to be able to say how crazy they are.

It's just part of life - age-appropriate sex education is educating people for a fairly important part of their future lives.

What has religion got to do with it? I'd prefer if religion was out of our schools.

• Advertisement

Like I have said already. Kids figure this stuff out anyway.

Even in a young teenage brain It’s not a difficult thing to do, just put your penis inside her vagina, and jiggle it about a bit.

It’s simple!!

The other stuff like foreplay and how to do that should be learnt over time. And through physical practice.

You want to teach kids how to masturbate? Well believe me before any teachers even showed me a sex Ed text book I was already doing that, everyone I knew was, and if girls were truthful about it so were they.

You want to teach them to expert level on sex before most of them have even seen a naked body? Your heading for a complete disaster there cause all that will do is raise the excitement and intrigue level in all the kids you teach, kids that wouldn’t normally will become so interested and so frustrated theyll start having fantasies about someone in there class, before you know it every teen on the planet is banging or frigging themselves to an early grave, and growing forearms bigger than there legs.

Oh and btw, I never said anything about religion

My problem with introducing it across the board is that children mature at very different rates many children would be very uncomfortable talking with their peers and teacher about masturbation, many children would be very innocent in their knowledge of sexual matters, why introduce this to prepubescent children???? Children can still learn all about masturbation and all things sexual from their primary educator who is their parent who is more in tune with their level of maturity. I emphatise with your above story there but school is a million miles away from that reality today children are taught about good and bad touches in early primary school. They are taught what to do if they ever happened and teachers are trained on how to report such instances.

The same issue applies to any sex education. Children mature differently etc etc.

If you can provide basic age-appropriate sex education for children, why can you not include masturbation as part of that?

Even in a young teenage brain It’s not a difficult thing to do, just put your penis inside her vagina, and jiggle it about a bit.

It’s simple!!

The other stuff like foreplay and how to do that should be learnt over time. And through physical practice.

You want to teach kids how to masturbate? Well believe me before any teachers even showed me a sex Ed text book I was already doing that, everyone I knew was, and if girls were truthful about it so were they.

You want to teach them to expert level on sex before most of them have even seen a naked body? Your heading for a complete disaster there cause all that will do is raise the excitement and intrigue level in all the kids you teach, kids that wouldn’t normally will become so interested and so frustrated theyll start having fantasies about someone in there class, before you know it every teen on the planet is banging or frigging themselves to an early grave, and growing forearms bigger than there legs.

Oh and btw, I never said anything about religion

Yet again, teaching kids about masturbation is not teaching kids to masturbate.

So I suppose you could say the same about teaching them how to walk, or ride a bike...

Kids will use the information you give them.

Think of a time you were taught something practical and did nothing with the information. Doesn’t a teacher telling you an orgasm feels good and that’s why people have them, and this is how you can achieve one yourself at home seem a little bit weird? I mean what the hell do you think there going to do with information like that? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Oh yes it is, there's practical exams, continuous assessment...

Even at the height of my sexual activity (many moons ago) I’d still be at home bashing the bishop so to speak.

Would a teacher many years before then, have taught me how to do it better? I very much doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Is that what you think sex is? If there's a Mrs Midster she has my sympathy.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Is that what you think sex is? If there's a Mrs Midster she has my sympathy.

My exact words were even in a teenage brain.

Just thought I’d point that out as you seem to have missed it ;)

And yes there is a mrs midster, and she couldn’t be happier with my learning curve. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

My exact words were even in a teenage brain.

Just thought I’d point that out as you seem to have missed it ;)

Does that not prove the point why teenagers could benefit from sex education? All of your criticism so far has focused on the experience of straight boys. Teenage girls need telling that there's more to sex then a guy sticking his penis in her vagina. It would be most beneficial to both teenage boys and girls to know, before they start having sex, that 70% of females cannot achieve orgasm through vaginal penetration and there's nothing wrong with them if they can't . That other sexual activity is as much "sex' as vaginal sexual intetcourse and there are ways of reaching female orgasm besides it. That it's not usual for couples to cum together. That female masturbation is normal and healthy. What a clitoris is and where it is. I know adults, both male and female, who are confused about this, so obviously they didn't learn everything they need to know naturally from other kids. What about the potential for pain in females when they first start having sex? Should this not be raised along with ways to avoid it or do you think its ok that many females endure excruciating sexual intercourse when they first become sexually actuve becauae they think its normal? A thread in PI recently discussed this and to my horror many teplies from females much younger than i were telling this poor girl it was normal for a few months! You think that level of ignorance in young men and women is acceptable just so long as boys know they can stick their cocks in a vag?

And those are just a handful of ways open discussion about sex with teenagers can assist them before they start having sex. That's not even taking into account safety, hygiene, communication and consent. Oh yeah, and the kids who aren't straight. Cock goes in vag is not of much use to them.

Orals?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Only certain men will be having sex anyway, handsome men, wealthy men and Neuro Typical men. Autistic ugly men will not be having sex unless they pay for it in a legal country. Here are some blackpill videos for you to watch, many scientists even agree with the black pill.

So I suppose you could say the same about teaching them how to walk, or ride a bike...

Kids will use the information you give them.

Think of a time you were taught something practical and did nothing with the information. Doesn’t a teacher telling you an orgasm feels good and that’s why people have them, and this is how you can achieve one yourself at home seem a little bit weird? I mean what the hell do you think there going to do with information like that? Lol

The question you keep avoiding is why you're happy to have sex education covering sexual intercourse, but exclude masturbation.

Aren't you afraid that soon as you explain intercourse, they'll just just rush out the classroom door and start shagging like bunnies in the broom cupboards?

What's the distinction in your mind between teaching about sexual intercourse and teaching about masturbation?

So you got molested in school and now you want to teach children about masturbation? Wtf?
    You might want to go back and read it again. Skim reading doesn't work well in these discussions.
    This. They may as well not bother teaching anything to the incel social
    Actually, the more you can teach people about basic human relationships, the less likely that the incels will continue to wallow in their own mess.

The same issue applies to any sex education. Children mature differently etc etc.

If you can provide basic age-appropriate sex education for children, why can you not include masturbation as part of that?

Explain to me the benefits of teaching primary school kids about masturbation? I've already given my reasons for not teaching it
    Why stop a masturbation when not teach about oral sex, anal sex group sex? Why are you so determined that children should learn about masturbation?

Explain to me the benefits of teaching primary school kids about masturbation? I've already given my reasons for not teaching it
    Why stop a masturbation when not teach about oral sex, anal sex group sex? Why are you so determined that children should learn about masturbation?
    Because some of them will hit puberty in fourth class, boys or girls.

Because some of them will pressure others to engage in oral sex or anal sex.

Age appropriate education is essential.

And you really haven't given any good reason for excluding masturbation as part of an overall programme of age-appropriate sex education.

Because some of them will hit puberty in fourth class, boys or girls.

Because some of them will pressure others to engage in oral sex or anal sex.

Age appropriate education is essential.

And you really haven't given any good reason for excluding masturbation as part of an overall programme of age-appropriate sex education.
    So just because they hit puberty automatically thet should begin masterbating, we should teach them thats the next step! Could you ever stop talking rubbish how many 3rd or 4th class kids are engaging in anal sex or oral sex jesus christ they are playing tag and writing letters to Santa Claus. Why do you want to expose children to adult themes its beyond me why anyone would want to do that.

So just because they hit puberty automatically thet should begin masterbating, we should teach them thats the next step! Could you ever stop talking rubbish how many 3rd or 4th class kids are engaging in anal sex or oral sex jesus christ they are playing tag and writing letters to Santa Claus. Why do you want to expose children to adult themes its beyond me why anyone would want to do that.

Again, I didn't say that 3rd or 4th class kids are engaging in anal or oral or any sex.

There's a fair chance that some of them are looking at porn, mind you, after writing their letters to Santa and playing tag. So it just might be a good idea for them to have some context.

By the time you get round to teaching them, they'll be parents worrying about their own kids.

Again, I didn't say that 3rd or 4th class kids are engaging in anal or oral or any sex.

There's a fair chance that some of them are looking at porn, mind you, after writing their letters to Santa and playing tag. So it just might be a good idea for them to have some context.

By the time you get round to teaching them, they'll be parents worrying about their own kids.
    You said they might be pressuring other kids into it.
    You think it's my job to stop your child looking at porn? That's your job and just because you are an absent parent doesn't mean that the rest of the class have to be exposed to adult themes. And because youre an excellent woke parent I'm sure you will build a **** room in your house just for your kids. Let us know how that goes :Dl

You said they might be pressuring other kids into it.
    You think it's my job to stop your child looking at porn? That's your job and just because you are an absent parent doesn't mean that the rest of the class have to be exposed to adult themes. And because youre an excellent woke parent I'm sure you will build a **** room in your house just for your kids. Let us know how that goes :Dl

So you don't want any sex education for primary school kids then?

So you don't want any sex education for primary school kids then?

I have literally never said that. But go ahead assume I have.

• Advertisement

I have literally never said that. But go ahead assume I have.
    So what did you mean when you said "just because you are an absent parent doesn't mean that the rest of the class have to be exposed to adult themes"

Are the class going to be exposed to sex education or not?

Advertisement