Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance question

Options
  • 07-03-2019 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

I have a fully comprehensive policy on a car in my own name with a NCB of 9 years+.

I wish to purchase a second car so need a new policy. I know I cannot use my 9 years+ NCB on the second policy. But I have been a named driver on my wife's policy for the past few years also.

Does anyone know if it is permissible to use this named driving experience for the purposes of obtaining the second insurance policy?

I've checked with Liberty, my insurance provider, and have been getting conflicting answers - been told I can and I can't. So just was just wondering if anyone else has done it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

What are you looking to insure?
    Is a classic policy possible with the likes of Autoline usually starts at 15+ year old cars!
    Have you asked for your NCB to be mirrored some insurers would let you do that once upon a time!

Advertisement