Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Told our rental needed for family but up for rent again

Options
2»

Comments

....... wrote: »
    I cannot understand how an adult could live this way.

However, you may well find that gives you issues further down the road.

Why would I want to have to be changing addresses when I was moving houseshares or having important letters going to shared houses. Then I had other reasons in my last address but mostly again it was because I was never going to be there for very long and home was going to be my address again after a few years living in other places. Much handier having everything going home too anyway especially as I’d be home almost every week anyway.

As for “issues down the road” not sure what they could be? They certainly won’t be issues for me anyway since I’m mostly mostly living at home again now and when I build my own house it will have the exact same addresss as it’s rural and we don’t have house numbers, up to the post man to know the names of people in the houses there are 15 houses with the same address.
    I know several people who have been forced to prove where they lived for various reasons (from the revenue commissioners making a mistake to a criminal investigation). Its always a good idea to have SOMETHING in your name at an address you reside.

Anytime I need to give proof of address I just use my home address and say I live there full time, never had an issue and in a few cases (like opening a bank account in a branch in a different part of the county where I was living) I just said I use my home address for everything and don’t use my local one here, never had an issue.

And as has been pointed out to you in the past - your car insurance may well be invalid if you have lied about the address where you reside - so you should check that out.

It’s been pointed out and then it’s been pointed out that is impossible for them to prove where you reside. I’ve seen people have crashes where there cars aren’t insured at their address and it’s not something that even gets asked and anyway in my if somehow they had questioned (as I said I live at home mostly now) my address despite absolutely nothing tying me to any other address (bar my work place being a few hours away) I would simply say I spend 4 nights a week at my home address therefore it’s where the car should be insured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

It’s been pointed out and then it’s been pointed out that is impossible for them to prove where you reside.

Very naive of you to think this actually. Insurers who dont want to pay out will go to great lengths to prove a policy invalid.

Not to mention that you are technically committing fraud if you are availing of a cheaper rate of insurance based on address.

Advertisement