Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Bank with support for app notifications

• 07-03-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there an Irish Bank which supports incoming transfer notifications through app like N26 or Revolut?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

None that I know of.

KBC seem to be adding some of the functionality of the online banks, such as the ability to block and unblock your card in the app.

Why not get Revolut and use it for your day to day spending?

I'd suggest N26 as your main bank, but I don't think you want that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Wheety wrote: »
    None that I know of.

KBC seem to be adding some of the functionality of the online banks, such as the ability to block and unblock your card in the app.

Why not get Revolut and use it for your day to day spending?

I'd suggest N26 as your main bank, but I don't think you want that ;)

Thanks for that :)
    I already have N26 and Revolut but my employer won't transfer my salary a non-Irish IBAN. Also from what I can see in the other thread, many companies won't accept it either, so... a lot of hassle :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

hosi wrote: »
    I already have N26 and Revolut but my employer won't transfer my salary a non-Irish IBAN. Also from what I can see in the other thread, many companies won't accept it either, so... a lot of hassle :/

Fair enough. I have N26 but don't get paid into it. We have a joint account with KBC for that.

But I wouldn't see Revolut as a bank account, more of a second option, so you could top it up once a week and then use it for spending.

Edit: And I just read your first post correctly. You want to be notified when the money arrives. Sorry. Not sure of any apps :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I haven't heard of any of the banks offering this kind of functionality but I'd love it if they did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Merchants or employers who do not accept IBANs from other member states of the European Economic Area are violating European law as of 1 February 2016 (Article 9 of Regulation No 260/2012).

Source: https://support.n26.com/en-eu/fixing-an-issue/account/what-to-do-if-my-n26-iban-is-not-accepted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Merchants or employers who do not accept IBANs from other member states of the European Economic Area are violating European law as of 1 February 2016 (Article 9 of Regulation No 260/2012).

Source: https://support.n26.com/en-eu/fixing-an-issue/account/what-to-do-if-my-n26-iban-is-not-accepted

Correct but I appears the institutions couldn't care less. Lack of consequences makes it a dead law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Hi,

Is there an Irish Bank which supports incoming transfer notifications through app like N26 or Revolut?

Thanks

AnPost smart account will give you a push notifications and optional text notifications of incoming, outgoing, dds, failed payments etc..

It's supported by a fintech company so the functionality is way better than other banks and comes with Irish IBAN

Expensive though - €5 per month plus transaction fees

Advertisement