Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to pay a bill for over 4 weeks, no luck

Options
  • 07-03-2019 7:02pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

At the start of February I upgraded my phone and started a new contract, however my old account had started on the 24th of January and as a result there was a roll over between the accounts.

Before I could settle what was outstanding balance on my account, it was closed and I have been unable to pay the balance since. I have contacted Eir at least 5 times and gave up 4 times as I spent a minimum of 30 mins in a queue each time. When I eventually got through the person didn't have a clue what I was talking about, put me on hold supposedly to find out what to do and cut me off, deliberately no doubt.

So here I am, getting notifications that my bill is now over due and I can't even get Eir to take payment.

My old account is a CA account which is from my days with Meteor and apparently has to be transferred to a different dept but no one seems to be able to do this.

Is there a direct number I can call to get through to this department and finally pay my bill please?

The online chat cant help and the customer care line cut me off. I've never found it do difficult to try and give money to pay a bill that a company are demanding payment for but wont give me the capability to pay it. I don't know what is going on with Eir lately, but I'm seriously starting to regret getting a new account with you.

Any help please would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

I was the same. Useless company. I eventually got them to take a payment over chat. It took hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Hey there,

At the start of February I upgraded my phone and started a new contract, however my old account had started on the 24th of January and as a result there was a roll over between the accounts.

Before I could settle what was outstanding balance on my account, it was closed and I have been unable to pay the balance since. I have contacted Eir at least 5 times and gave up 4 times as I spent a minimum of 30 mins in a queue each time. When I eventually got through the person didn't have a clue what I was talking about, put me on hold supposedly to find out what to do and cut me off, deliberately no doubt.

So here I am, getting notifications that my bill is now over due and I can't even get Eir to take payment.

My old account is a CA account which is from my days with Meteor and apparently has to be transferred to a different dept but no one seems to be able to do this.

Is there a direct number I can call to get through to this department and finally pay my bill please?

The online chat cant help and the customer care line cut me off. I've never found it do difficult to try and give money to pay a bill that a company are demanding payment for but wont give me the capability to pay it. I don't know what is going on with Eir lately, but I'm seriously starting to regret getting a new account with you.

Any help please would be appreciated
    Hi ToxicPaddy

Unfortunately we can't take payments through Social Media.  For more information on how to pay your bill please click here.

Kind Regards

Linzi

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi ToxicPaddy

Unfortunately we can't take payments through Social Media.  For more information on how to pay your bill please click here.

Kind Regards

Linzi

Linzi I'm sorry but what you posted is absolutely no help whatsoever.

I asked for a direct number for the department that deals with the account numbers starting with CA (former meteor accounts) not to pay through social media. Please read what I posted.

I have the money to pay, I had a direct debit set up to pay, when the staff in the store set me up on the new account, they messed up my previous account by closing it immediately making it impossible for me to pay. Added to that they put in the incorrect IBAN details in my new account to take payment for that so as a result I had to do their job for them and update the IBAN on my account to the correct one.

So at the moment I'm getting threatening letters about an account that Eir staff closed and messed up making it impossible for me to pay yet its my problem to try and find a way through their screwed up system.

Waiting times of 40+ mins on your "customer support line", staff who don't know how to do their job and a seriously broken system that won't allow customers to pay.

Not helpful at all!!

Hi ToxicPaddy

Kind Regards

Linzi

I asked for a direct number for the department that deals with the account numbers starting with CA (former meteor accounts) not to pay through social media. Please read what I posted.

I have the money to pay, I had a direct debit set up to pay, when the staff in the store set me up on the new account, they messed up my previous account by closing it immediately making it impossible for me to pay. Added to that they put in the incorrect IBAN details in my new account to take payment for that so as a result I had to do their job for them and update the IBAN on my account to the correct one.

So at the moment I'm getting threatening letters about an account that Eir staff closed and messed up making it impossible for me to pay yet its my problem to try and find a way through their screwed up system.

Waiting times of 40+ mins on your "customer support line", staff who don't know how to do their job and a seriously broken system that won't allow customers to pay.

Not helpful at all!!
    Hi ToxicPaddy

You can call 1800241905.  This is the direct number for payments for old Meteor accounts.

Regards

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Eir do take payments via chat. I was in a similar position as the OP, it took HOURS to get sorted but EIR took the payment via chat in the end.

In the photo I have asked for a receipt and I’m unhappy as I’m told they cannot issue me one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Pixied wrote: »
    Eir do take payments via chat. I was in a similar position as the OP, it took HOURS to get sorted but EIR took the payment via chat in the end.

In the photo I have asked for a receipt and I’m unhappy as I’m told they cannot issue me one.
    Hi Pixied, 

Our staff would not have access to issue a receipt. 

The payment reference number that our webchat team gave to you is the only proof that we could provide. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Hi ToxicPaddy

Kind Regards

Linzi

Not helpful at all!!
    Hi ToxicPaddy

You can call 1800241905.  This is the direct number for payments for old Meteor accounts.

Regards

Linzi
    Linzi,

This does not work.

The number does not access account numbers beginning with CA as it does not recognise these account numbers as there is no way to enter the CA part of the account number.

There is also no option to speak to a customer service adviser.

Can someone please give me the correct information here as I am seriously losing patience here!!!! :mad: :mad::mad:

Hi ToxicPaddy

Kind Regards

Linzi

Not helpful at all!!
    Hi ToxicPaddy

Regards

Linzi
    Linzi,

This does not work.

The number does not access account numbers beginning with CA as it does not recognise these account numbers as there is no way to enter the CA part of the account number.

There is also no option to speak to a customer service adviser.

Can someone please give me the correct information here as I am seriously losing patience here!!!! :mad: :mad::mad:
    Hi ToxicPaddy

That is the correct number but it must not register your account because it has been closed.  You would need to go into an eir store to do this unfortunately.

Kind regards

Linzi

Advertisement