Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uterine Fibroids

• 07-03-2019 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Ladies, I found out I have a 6cm fibroid about 6 months ago & I’m in my mid forties. Was having heavy periods for ages, no pain or discomfort but they are so heavy & I’m more or less on iron all the time. My own gp has advised the mirena. I’m very uncomfortable about it re side effects. I recently went to s medical herbalist & I am taking a mixture of herbs which includes vitex. I have also being doing my own research on hormone imbalance & I found out that a lot of caffeine & dairy is vey bad for fibroids. About 5 weeks ago I cut out black tea & cows milk. I really do have more energy since & don’t look as tired. Have switched to green tea & white tea which I have grown to really like. Has anyone any advice for me? I do get depressed sometimes when the periods arrive, I have often had to take time off work & on the heavy days I’m nearly house bound!! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

With any medical treatment you have to balance the possible side effects with the benefits. Many women have no side effects or only mild ones. You should talk to your doctor again and decide if it worth trying to avoid missing work, being stuck in the house, having to take iron and being depressed. If it doesn’t suit you you can have it removed again.
    Do you want to continue suffering when there is an option that is usually very successful?

Advertisement