Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parnell Street

• 07-03-2019 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

It's bloody awful.

When people arrive into Limerick for the first time it'll be the first thing they see, a dull street with Scobes, prositutes, sh*te chippers, hair braiders and phone repairers

Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

It's bloody awful.

When people arrive into Limerick for the first time it'll be the first thing they see, a dull street with Scobes, prositutes, sh*te chippers, hair braiders and phone repairers

Discuss.
    How dare you Luigis is daycent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    How dare you Luigis is daycent!
    Excluding Luigi's obviously, what do you take me for a fool? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

And dont forget in a few months when you like to your right on leaving the railway you will have the lovely new vista of a carpark instead of a green!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Its kind of the same the world over though most areas around train stations are pretty dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

And the triple parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mart 23

I think the street is ok with a good variety of business, There are buildings in need of TLC I never saw prostitution on the street. The street that is a disaster is Wickham street between Roches street and Thomas street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭goochy

not much different in cork or limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭goochy

sorry should have said dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

80s babies might remember the time a Club Orange ad was filmed in Parnell Street. They built a fake cinema in a gap in the buildings.

https://youtu.be/1jUrUCSkRN4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

mart 23 wrote:
    I think the street is ok with a good variety of business, There are buildings in need of TLC I never saw prostitution on the street. The street that is a disaster is Wickham street between Roches street and Thomas street.

It's due an upgrade very soon, I believe. If I'm to believe what I'm hearing it will be a good improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Scobes, prostitutes, shite chippers, hair braiders and phone repairers? How can you call that a dull street?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Its practically a street full of local businesses and local shop owners. Ok maybe you and i don't need our hair braided but obviously someone does.. The eye lash and nail salons are some of the busiest businesses in the whole town at the moment. I suppose you wanna put an M&S up there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Stab*City wrote: »
    Its practically a street full of local businesses and local shop owners. Ok maybe you and i don't need our hair braided but obviously someone does.. The eye lash and nail salons are some of the busiest businesses in the whole town at the moment. I suppose you wanna put an M&S up there?

I think it's a great little street actually, scobes aside - bustling and full of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

It's bloody awful.

Discuss.

It's just like Paris & Rome so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

I often go out if my to walk down Parnell Street. Never a dull moment!
    Almost all the units are occupied in some way or other which is to be welcomed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

She was a parasite , end of story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

zulutango wrote: »
    It's due an upgrade very soon, I believe. If I'm to believe what I'm hearing it will be a good improvement.

Any details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

goochy wrote: »
    not much different in cork or limerick

Yes, Limerick is quite similar to Limerick alright!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Tell us more about the prostitutes? I take you've never been to Cork Kent, a colourful experience as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

Treepole wrote: »
    It's just like Paris & Rome so.

Ahem .... more like a bad day in Essex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think it's fine

Where are all these prostitutes everyone keeps promising me? :mad:

Advertisement