Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360

Options
  • 07-03-2019 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Hey folks I’m thinking of picking up a second hand Xbox 360 for my 6 year old son for his first console, any advice on what model to go for/avoid please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

how.gareth wrote: »
    Hey folks I’m thinking of picking up a second hand Xbox 360 for my 6 year old son for his first console, any advice on what model to go for/avoid please?

Hi there,

Go for either Slim or E models (E is the latest version) They are quieter and more reliable. Up to you how much hard drive memory he needs but be aware of how large games can be and the updates for them.

Most models before them are at risk of the common 3 red rings of death fault the Xbox 360 is famous for.

Might also be worth considering an Xbox One as a lot of 360 games are backwards compatible with Xbox One. Depends really on what games your son will be playing and if you want to play anything on the console as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Go for either Slim or E models (E is the latest version) They are quieter and more reliable. Up to you how much hard drive memory he needs but be aware of how large games can be and the updates for them.

Most models before them are at risk of the common 3 red rings of death fault the Xbox 360 is famous for.

Might also be worth considering an Xbox One as a lot of 360 games are backwards compatible with Xbox One. Depends really on what games your son will be playing and if you want to play anything on the console as well.

Cheers I picked him up a used 360 S 250gb out of GameStop this afternoon. €60 and with a 12 month warranty so not bad, if he gets into consoles I’ll look at maybe getting him the x box one for Christmas

Advertisement