Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarket sushi

Options
  • 07-03-2019 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Do they do fridge sushi in any supermarkets? Was sure I've seen some in lidl, but I've checked lidl, tesco in Artane and Supervalu in Killester and can't find any.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Aldi does it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

*Welcome to Boards :)

I've moved this to the Dublin City forum which covers the areas you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

M&S, definitely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Don't waste your money on it

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

RasTa wrote: »
    Don't waste your money on it

Take this advice

It’s like a prepacked sandwich it is just not a good experience.

There’s a little place on Liffey street where you can buy it “off the shelf”. I find this is the best of a bad bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

They sell Sushi in Tesco and it says on the pack it contains no raw fish taking its a country mile from being authentic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

Aldi do sell some fresh.
    Tesco's is hit and miss with stocking it.
    Iceland do a frozen pack for €3.50 I think.

Although none will compare to fresh sushi.

Kokora is the place the poster above mentioned on liffey st, and it's really worth checking out if your passing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The Aldi one is decent. Sure it isn't in par with fresh made in Sushi bar, but the quality and the presentation are both good.

I think it is branded product available elsewhere.

Glorious Sushi is the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Tesco also does sushi near their sandwiches. They use crab sticks and smoked salmon for longevity.

imo the Tesco stuff its not bad and well priced at €5 , but it really depends if you get it early in the week or not. I would have it for lunch few times a month.

I was trying to convince my very skeptical girlfrend one day and bought it on a Sunday and it was terrible. The rice had dried out and it was a disaster.

Without stating the obvious Freshness is key, I have tried various price ranges of supermarket or premade sushi but the major factor is getting it as soon as possible after it is made, if its a few days old its going to start getting dried out and pretty terrible. It will never compare to freshly made, but its not always as bad a some people make out.

Advertisement