Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greentrees Road

Options
  • 07-03-2019 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all - I'm looking for a house and am interested in the Greentrees Road area. Something that has caught my eye is the sheer number of houses that are up for sale on this road right now - there's a good five or six on Daft, with a clatter more which are recently Sale Agreed or Sold.

Does anybody know if there's a particular reason for this that I should be aware of if I'm looking to buy in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

I know the area well.

A lot of houses in that area (Perrystown/Manor Estate/Greenhills) are for sale - I’d say it’s a combination of house price increases & the fact that due to the fact that people who have lived there for 50/60 years are dying or going to nursing homes, so families are selling.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the area - close to M50, schools, Ashleaf shopping centre, GAA clubs etc.

The houses are about 60 years old now so the main downside would possibly be no downstairs loo & possibly a low BER rating, although a lot may have been re-insulated & extended over the years.

The houses are about 60 years old now so the main downside would possibly be no downstairs loo & possibly a low BER rating, although a lot may have been re-insulated & extended over the years.

Unfortunately, they use pebble dash and redbrick for the exterior so exterior insulation isn't viable and they're not really big enough for internal warmboarding to be an option either. But that's most of Dublin's 60s/70s housing stock.

Nice area, public transport isn't as good as it should be, I'd be happy enough to live there!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Unfortunately, they use pebble dash and redbrick for the exterior so exterior insulation isn't viable and they're not really big enough for internal warmboarding to be an option either. But that's most of Dublin's 60s/70s housing stock.

Nice area, public transport isn't as good as it should be, I'd be happy enough to live there!

I’ve seen several pebble dash houses get external insulation.

It's extremely expensive as it requires removal of the facade and then replacement of the facade. If you don't re-pebble dash /put a red brick facade over the exterior insulation, you require planning permission.

As I said, it's not viable rather than not possible given how expensive external wall insulation is to begin with before complications.

Advertisement